Eeek! Does anybody actually use with this oil!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It goes down fast when you use the soap. My last batch was a touch big but it worked down quickly.

What is the smell like?
Smells faintly of patchouli. I also put Frankincense in. I could do with more of both frankly. Mind you, I've not smelled it in use yet. Might be stronger.

Smells faintly of patchouli. I also put Frankincense in. I could do with more of both frankly. Mind you, I've not smelled it in use yet. Might be stronger.

patchouli is strong and does take over. I have made four batches of patch soap. I find it lasts quite a while but i make a 1000 gm loaf (about 8 or so bars) and it fades quite a bit about four bars in. Also i do not put a full amt in as it is quite strong at the beginning. I should tough it out and do full amount and it would probably last longer.

I also made frankincense & myrrh for Christmas soaps. I ground up some f. & m. tears and heated it in coconut oils until melted. A lightly scented exotic fragrance with a red clay charcoal pencil line. Added frankincense EO. Smooth as if I added silk. Also added Dragonblood resin tears for color, scent.

I make a spray deodorant using patchouli, VA cedar wood, Frazier fir, a little peppermint for cooling effect. I add a good vodka and shake it each time. I change it up. I like men’s fresh woodsy cologne. Bay rum is nice but strong, expensive and takes over like patchouli. When I lived in the mountains ⛰ I loved the oxygen woodsy rich air. That’s where I developed my love for earthy scents. Hard to find good FOs that fits my likes. EOs are getting out of site $ wise.

Good aged patchouli is delicious. I have an all patchouli eo soap that sells well, and one of my bestsellers is a blend with cedarwood, patchouli, oakmoss, lime and spice eo's.

Mmm patchouli! Although I have smelled so off putting patchouli, not moldy but not the dark ages that I love and my customers love.

I feel this way about jasmine! My mom LOVEs jasmine and I can’t stand it! It does smell like pee! Hahaaa
I find it's the same kind of thing with jasmine eo.....to me, it smells like a beautiful flower, but for others, it smells like cat pee. That's because of the naturally present indole in jasmine. Cat pee is also high in indole, and there are some folks whose scent receptors in their noses are so highly sensitive to indole that all they can smell is cat pee when taking a sniff of jasmine.

I've heard the name "patchouli" and I imagined a delicious spicy, oriental fragrance. Boy, was I in for a shock!! I have to say, after getting over it, I like it in a blend, it really adds some depth to a fragrance, but I don't think I can use it neat!

I've heard the name "patchouli" and I imagined a delicious spicy, oriental fragrance. Boy, was I in for a shock!! I have to say, after getting over it, I like it in a blend, it really adds some depth to a fragrance, but I don't think I can use it neat!
Patchouli sniffed straight is very overwhelming but adding it to something softens it, and blends add to the addiction lol

Latest posts

Back