Editing and privacy

Discussion in 'SoapmakingFriend.com Support Forum' started by Serene, May 26, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 26, 2019 #1

Serene

Serene

Serene

Lifetime Supporter Supporting Member

So I am trying to give this a try by posting my favorite Soap Dough Recipe. I am trying to edit the tittle but it is not working. When I go back the title of the post is still the same. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a waiting period before the edits show?

Is there a way to not show your real name? Looking for an option that allows me to toggle that.

Thank you

Sere

2. May 26, 2019 #2

earlene

earlene

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper Lifetime Supporter

I don't know what's going on, but I am having troubles with SoapBuilder again today. I tried to save a recipe copy and it failed. It wasn't saved. Very frustrating because I just made this soap yesterday and wanted to save the recipe with the new name and a photo.

I tried editing the name from the old name to the new name, like you mentioned, Serene. But it didn't save any of the changes as a new recipe, which is how I tried to save it.

Serene likes this.
  3. May 26, 2019 #3

Serene

Serene

Serene

I also tried to delete it and restart but for some reason it did not delete. I have a feeling this is all connected. I figured since it is not editing it let me delete, no go. I should try to do the same recipe with the edits I want and see if that works.

Please tell me you had the recipe written somewhere. That is frustrating indeed.

4. May 26, 2019 #4

earlene

earlene

earlene

Oh, yes, it is written! I learned that lesson with my first soap I made. Lost it in some lye calculator or other - don't even remember. Anyway, I am going to create a new thread asking for instructions on how to do a couple of things I can't seem to remember how to do from one day to the next.

Serene likes this.
  5. May 27, 2019 #5

Serene

Serene

Serene

Edits were not working due to what I assume was a browser issue. Tried with two other browsers and it worked. The same with the name edit. Mozilla Firefox is my default browser. What browser do you use, Earlene?

6. May 28, 2019 #6

msunnerstood

msunnerstood

msunnerstood

I used it today and didnt have an issue but yesterday, I couldnt select an oil in the supplies section. wouldn't let me save without it but wouldnt populate the drop down

Serene likes this.
  7. May 28, 2019 #7

earlene

earlene

earlene

My default browser is FF also. I also have MS Edge on my laptop to test if something is wonky in FF. I used to have IE on it, too, but haven't bothered re-installing it since replacing my hard drive last year.

Oh, but edit worked fine for me yesterday, so I believe it's now fixed. I don't think it was a FF issue because I had the same problem in MS Edge. But incidentally, my FF updated Sunday night or Monday morning anyway. But I believe that has nothing to do with it since I also had trouble in MS Edge on the day in question.

Serene likes this.
  8. May 29, 2019 #8

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

Thank you for your feedback .. currently we are pushing daily updates to soapmakingfriend .. few errors may occur during the update time ..
    I have removed real name from profile page until we make this optional .

Serene likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.