Eczema and teenage acne cream

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjchrissy

Reaction score
I am not new to soapmaking but new to your forum. exciting! I am looking for a cold processed soap recipe for eczema on a 5 yr. old boy. I have a vast selection of herbs and have a machine that will infuse the oil within a day. I also have pure essential oils. I like to keep it very simple but would like suggestions on a recipe that has had success.( will run through soap program). Also woukd the recipe work for a teenager with severe acne? ..thanks everyone, love looking through all of the forums and how helpful and friendly everyone is. Have a great day!

One of the types of soap that I will be looking into making after I get done with my research and reading phase is "African Black Soap". There are several recipes for this on the internet. However, what I have discovered is that most of these "recipes" do not include the original additives used in traditional African Black Soap. It's these additives (allegedly) that help make the soap effective in battling the skin conditions you describe.

Amazon sells a powder made by Shea Terra that includes all the additives to make a traditional African Black Soap. Hope my long winded response provides some help.

http://www.amazon.com/Shea-Terra-Organics-Cleanser-Authentic/dp/B00N3XD58A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1429909467&sr=8-2&keywords=shea+terra+african+black+soap+powder

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, will check into the link and what is in it. I grow over 70 herbs in my garden and forge for others as I like to know what I'm handling but if all else fails, I may have to go this route.

for 5 years old one must be careful with EO's. I found that cream based on calendula infusion; cold infusion is helping to my grandchild a lot. My son all grown up likes that to, he has a serius eczema. For acne (5 years does not have acne it is skin infection, maybe sadly chronic condition) you could try it is safe activated charcoal soap based on calendula infusion with addition of shea butter which is helpful for this condition. Lavender should be safe too even EO with combination of camomile;))
Welcome to the forum:)

You probably need just the plainest bar of soap you can make. Just the basic trinity to start to see if he will clear up before adding herbs and such.

My 14 yr old granddaughter has the bad acne. I do a whipped coconut oil with lavender, tea tree and peppermint essential oils in it, a very minimal amount. I am haved studied about herbs and essential oils for over twenty years and the cream is working but I wanted to change it up as my daughters doctor gave her a prescription for hydro cortisone cream. My son who is 25 had severe allergies and eczema as a child and now. One can't smother their body in cream but a soap that would work would be nice along with diet modification...but you can't tell kids . Thanks for your input.

Palmarosa eo is a great alternative to tea tree. It's in the same family but much stronger. It has a lemony-floral scent.

I've had great success making this balm:

6 parts Organic grass fed tallow
1 part chamomile infused olive oil
1 part pure aloe Vera
Palmarosa eo
Lavender eo

I have also suffered with acne for years and it's helping that and my son's eczema.

Prior to this recipe, I used just the tallow and olive oil. But once we started using the new formula, I saw changes within days!

Last edited:
Recipe acne

Thank you for the recipe, will check into Palmarosa. The aloe Vera, are you talking fresh from the plant which I do have? Thank you again!

Is Palmarosa safe for children? I love it in my body lotions, creams, scrubs it is a beautiful scent:))

Latest posts

Back