Ebru Technique Soap Challenge

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't started! Have a design mapped out in my head. Though It was really hard to decide on what to do!

One thing I love about these challenges is all levels participate. I have only done one so far because I am a total newbie with colors and designs, but it was still great to challenge myself.

I had one go and realised my expectations of my ability were way too high, so I have had a complete re think and re design and the plan is to try again tomorrow. I'm not sure whether my design looks better in a plain or swirled background though, and I'm not sure if a plain background is acceptable as ebru usually has a design on top of a swirl.

I had one go and realised my expectations of my ability were way too high, so I have had a complete re think and re design and the plan is to try again tomorrow. I'm not sure whether my design looks better in a plain or swirled background though, and I'm not sure if a plain background is acceptable as ebru usually has a design on top of a swirl.

Personally, I think the plain background would be fine. I would treat it like a canvas to display your Ebru art. Excited to see your creation!

Amy's first one was definitely just a plan background.

I found the history of marbling as it relates to book-binding very interesting. I won't go find teh references because I'll lose ANOTHER afternoon, but it's all very interesting. I have some old books that are bound in this manner.

My challenge soap is done! 5 hours later I'm exhausted, but pretty happy with how it turned out!! Had to get it done quickly because we're going to be on vacation the week of posting pics and voting. Thank God I have a phone that can post if I need to :)

Post if you need to? I think if you put 5 hours work into a soap, you NEED to post it! Doesn't matter what other people put up. There will surely be a really wide range with this challenge so the more, the merrier, I say. THere will be everything from abstract to patterns to drawing-type soaps. It should be pretty exciting.

I'm so nervous about this challenge. :crazy: It's the first time I'm entering such a ting. And I've made it pretty hard on myself, haha..
I have set everything up and I'm getting started soon.
I am too, going on a holiday from Thursday on, so I don't have many opportunities to try! So excited!!

Post if you need to? I think if you put 5 hours work into a soap, you NEED to post it! Doesn't matter what other people put up. There will surely be a really wide range with this challenge so the more, the merrier, I say. THere will be everything from abstract to patterns to drawing-type soaps. It should be pretty exciting.

LOL - I see your point - there is no IF :) I'm really excited to share this with you guys!

I have registered too! This is the first time I'm taking part in the challenge and I am thrilled! :) Have been browsing through ebru paintings for the last two hours but still have no idea what could my inspiration be.

Oh yes. We need to see what everyone's done, for certain! I thought about not entering a soap on one of the challenges even though I signed up and made a bunch. It wasn't really in the running at all but then I realized how much fun I have looking at every single entry. I figured I should put mine in and not worry too much about whether I thought it was good enough because everyone must love browsing. Plus you can get inspiration from everything and anything.

GAWH!!!! ASH TOP!!!! My colors dulled out after sitting for 2 days. I haven't cut it yet, anything I can do to help it?

Goodness!!! I had a bad first attempt. It turned out pretty funny after I decided halfway through it wasn't working and started free-styling. I think I also set my expectations too high! Or I just don't have enough time to do all I want even with a 70% olive oil recipe. Hope I have the energy for one more try (i'm pregnant! Month away! I'm going to miss soaping!!!)

Back