EBC bases

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been curious about the Essentials by Catalina's soap bases so I ordered their Artisanal Black charcoal base and samples of their Hemp M&P and Pumpkin M&P. Thus far I've tried the hemp and the pumpkin and I like them very, very much, probably more than SFIC's. Have not tried the Black soap base, yet.

I noticed they do not have their own goat's milk M&P (the Artisanal). I read the description of the GM base they do carry and it seems to have a lot of dubious ingredients such as acetamide MEA, TEA_lauryl sulfate, etc. The reviews are very positive, though. Now I kick my butt for not ordering a sample of the GM base!

Does anyone have experience with the EBC goat milk soap base? What about other EBC soap bases have you tried? How do they compare to SFIC?
TIA :)

My daughter used it a lot and really liked it. She likes all of Catalina's bases better than SFIC in fact I do not think she would use SFIC bases. Those are not dubious ingredients but very common ingredients in m&p bases, especially clear and ultra clear.

My daughter used it a lot and really liked it. She likes all of Catalina's bases better than SFIC in fact I do not think she would use SFIC bases. Those are not dubious ingredients but very common ingredients in m&p bases, especially clear and ultra clear.

Thank you, Cmzaha. Do you remember if your daughter used Catalina's goat milk base and what she thought of it? Was/is there one that she particularly liked? I said "dubious" for 2 reasons: (1) I do not see those ingredients listed in the SFIC bases and (2) I wonder about their potential to irritate?
Something else about the bases I bought...I was expecting less lather from the EBC M&P bases, but I was wrong; they produce more of a creamy (rather than "bubbly") lather, and it's quite nice. Just washed my face again with it... will report later ;)

I do know she used the gm base and it was nice. She let her daughter use soaps made from Catalina's bases since she was a year old, with no problems and unfortunately Autumn is like me and has had eczema since a baby :( It was funny she always had a bucket (large) of different flavored (scented) cupcakes next to the tub so she could pick and choose the soap for the day!

Last edited:
Back