Ebay suspension no reason given

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been there there too so I totally know what you're talking about. But Ebay isn't Instagram (I got blocked on an account I NEVER USED) and this concerns a vendor that has wronged you. Ebay's course of actions can be looked upon as a form abuse and has been. People have reported the exact same thing with them. That's a far cry from Insta, where, in truth, I would have just treated like a photo album I get bored of.
I know that I made mistakes with the transaction - I don’t use Ebay often (this was last April and I only tried to use it again recently to get a part for my vacuum cleaner). I wanted to return some dubious quality essential oils so I cancelled a bid, which isn’t how it’s done. I fixed it but I’m sure it was seen as malicious. prior to that, I had not received my purchases for quite a while and had complained about it, or filed a ”goods not received” response, and then I didn’t correct that after I did receive the goods - there was no prompt and I didn’t really realize I had to do that. I definitely made stupid mistakes. This all happened right when I was retiring and my granddaughter was being born so my focus was elsewhere. No excuse, I know. Kicking myself now for not being more careful. But the draconian response, and the fact that they won’t tell me what the issues were, is really something. (I think these were the issues. I only have my emails to go by, I can’t see my messages on the site.)

I know that I made mistakes with the transaction - I don’t use Ebay often (this was last April and I only tried to use it again recently to get a part for my vacuum cleaner). I wanted to return some dubious quality essential oils so I cancelled a bid, which isn’t how it’s done. I fixed it but I’m sure it was seen as malicious. prior to that, I had not received my purchases for quite a while and had complained about it, or filed a ”goods not received” response, and then I didn’t correct that after I did receive the goods - there was no prompt and I didn’t really realize I had to do that. I definitely made stupid mistakes. This all happened right when I was retiring and my granddaughter was being born so my focus was elsewhere. No excuse, I know. Kicking myself now for not being more careful. But the draconian response, and the fact that they won’t tell me what the issues were, is really something. (I think these were the issues. I only have my emails to go by, I can’t see my messages on the site.)

I'm stubborn enough that given what they have said and what you have now remembered about the transaction, I would try again. I would probably do something like:

Hi...to whom am I speaking? Hi xx, my name is Vickie and there seems to be an issue with my account. Before we precede, I want you to know that I've had some time to go back through my emails along with what information you have been allowed to provide and know that it was my ignorance that has created a suspicious circumstance that warranted suspending my account. If I may, I would like to relate what occurred on my end and see if if that matches your records.

On XX date, I won/made a BIN purchase for Essential Oils from XX company (transaction #). After not receiving my items by XX date, I filed a "goods not received" with eBay. I finally received the items on xx date, but I didn't correct the status because 1) there was no prompt to do so and 2) I didn't know I was supposed to. I soon discovered that the Essential Oils were not as described and that I needed to return them. Not knowing exactly how eBay works when it comes to returning items under these circumstances, I 'cancelled' the bid thinking that that was the correct course of action. I was finally able to contact the seller to return some of the Oils to the seller and receive a partial refund.

Now not long after I 'cancelled' the bid, I received an email from eBay saying that my account had been suspended. I honestly thought it was one of the 'spoof' emails that try to get you to click on their link and then steal your information when you log on so I sent the email to eBay's security team. I was in the midst of retiring and had a new grandchild so when I never heard back from eBay I forgot all about it.

Then on xx Date when I went to see if I could find a replacement part for my vacuum cleaner on Ebay and discovered that I couldn't log in. I've gone through several 'chats' and even tried speaking to someone on the phone, but no one will tell me anything other than my accounts has been permanently suspended and that they couldn't tell my why my account was suspended "because I might use the information to circumvent the suspension".

At this point, I'm pretty angry and upset. I've never broken a law in my entire life, I'll pay all my bills and in a timely manner. I haven't used eBay much and it wouldn't bother me not to use it ever again, but because of the horrible treatment I have received by eBay, it is now the principal of the matter. And since I am retired, I have plenty of time and resources to correct this situation.

If you are unable to help me sort this matter out, then I would ask that you transfer me or give me the name and number of someone who can.

If you get nowhere, then set an alarm every day to call. And let them know that you intend to call EVERY SINGLE DAY until this issue is resolved to your satisfaction.

I'm stubborn enough that given what they have said and what you have now remembered about the transaction, I would try again. I would probably do something like:

Hi...to whom am I speaking? Hi xx, my name is Vickie and there seems to be an issue with my account. Before we precede, I want you to know that I've had some time to go back through my emails along with what information you have been allowed to provide and know that it was my ignorance that has created a suspicious circumstance that warranted suspending my account. If I may, I would like to relate what occurred on my end and see if if that matches your records.

On XX date, I won/made a BIN purchase for Essential Oils from XX company (transaction #). After not receiving my items by XX date, I filed a "goods not received" with eBay. I finally received the items on xx date, but I didn't correct the status because 1) there was no prompt to do so and 2) I didn't know I was supposed to. I soon discovered that the Essential Oils were not as described and that I needed to return them. Not knowing exactly how eBay works when it comes to returning items under these circumstances, I 'cancelled' the bid thinking that that was the correct course of action. I was finally able to contact the seller to return some of the Oils to the seller and receive a partial refund.

Now not long after I 'cancelled' the bid, I received an email from eBay saying that my account had been suspended. I honestly thought it was one of the 'spoof' emails that try to get you to click on their link and then steal your information when you log on so I sent the email to eBay's security team. I was in the midst of retiring and had a new grandchild so when I never heard back from eBay I forgot all about it.

Then on xx Date when I went to see if I could find a replacement part for my vacuum cleaner on Ebay and discovered that I couldn't log in. I've gone through several 'chats' and even tried speaking to someone on the phone, but no one will tell me anything other than my accounts has been permanently suspended and that they couldn't tell my why my account was suspended "because I might use the information to circumvent the suspension".

At this point, I'm pretty angry and upset. I've never broken a law in my entire life, I'll pay all my bills and in a timely manner. I haven't used eBay much and it wouldn't bother me not to use it ever again, but because of the horrible treatment I have received by eBay, it is now the principal of the matter. And since I am retired, I have plenty of time and resources to correct this situation.

If you are unable to help me sort this matter out, then I would ask that you transfer me or give me the name and number of someone who can.

If you get nowhere, then set an alarm every day to call. And let them know that you intend to call EVERY SINGLE DAY until this issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
This truly warms my heart because it is so sensible and well written and I am touched that you took the time to write it. Thank you, thank you. It expresses just what I feel. ❤️
Ok. I’ll try again, and will use this as the template for my communication.

This is perfect. Ask me how stubborn I can get about principles. Sara her in the forum knows. Some of you will remember the issue she had with B&B in which they were going to throw away her returned product and not credit her. I fixed it...

Those so-called 'algorithms' are the reason I don't post much on FB. I have two warnings for supposedly "violating community standards". If anyone had actually read the posts, they would have seen that I didn't, and while I can understand that there are probably millions of posts that get flagged and it's easier to write a script that handles the issue, if someone takes the time to contact you, then you should get off your lazy butt and do something about it. But then again, FB isn't making any money off of me so what do they care.
We belong to a group interested in the Missouri River. Someone posted that they had found a shark’s tooth in the river. Sharks’ teeth have been found before but, apparently, the Facebook police determined this was “false” news and the page was blocked (in time out I guess) for two weeks! It’s amazing what can and cannot be shared.

LO...I just got flagged by FB for violating their so-called Community Standards. I of course, disagreed and less than a minute later, I received noticed that my comment had been reviewed again and the decision stood. What the heck? There is absolutely no way a HUMAN could have made that determination. So I have filed an appeal with the Oversight Board. Not that it will do any good, probably make it worse, but hey...it's the principal of the matter.

Guess I am not missing anything as I have never been on face book or Instagram and such. Must not know what I am missing and all the drama.
Cheers
gww

Guess I am not missing anything as I have never been on face book or Instagram and such. Must not know what I am missing and all the drama.

It's my only 'social media' and I joined because I was in charge of the 30th HS Reunion. It has really nice for keeping in touch with the family being so spread out across the country, but it has really gone downhill over the past decade.

TheGecko
It has really nice for keeping in touch with the family
I am sure most are on it as I have distant relatives tell me things about my kids and grandkids that I don't know about but It has not effected my life adversely just not participating and I am not sure I want to know about every one I know more then my personal interactions with them. Call me a willing boycotter.
Cheers
gww

This is perfect. Ask me how stubborn I can get about principles. Sara her in the forum knows. Some of you will remember the issue she had with B&B in which they were going to throw away her returned product and not credit her. I fixed it...

Yep! @cmzaha fixed it! BB told me they were going to destroy the products and not issue a refund. I told @cmzaha and next thing I know, I got a refund alert!

Latest posts

Back