easy release for sticking c/p soap molds!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heart of dixie soap co

Reaction score
i found the most wonderful food-grade silicone spray that really works for c/p. i have a bunch of "fancy" individual soap molds that i have tried in the past to release by freezing, mineral oil, vasoline, pam spray with no avail. i usually had to use a fork to dig them out.

anyway this stuff is dry to the touch, doesnt drip or puddle and so far every mold i tried it with has been successful! spray liberally.

the best part is it's cheap! 11 oz can for less than $4!

www.webstarauntstore.com

monet

you can probably get it at a local restaurant supply place. unfortunately the one closest to me would still cost me more than $8 in gas round trip, so it seems worth the shipping cost.

Ok. It's food-safe, but is it skin-safe? My first thought is I don't want silicone spray on my skin the first time I use the soap.

I know, I'm probably being anal. :lol:

Re: silicone

heart of dixie soap co said:
i've used this on 5 individual molds plus 2 tray molds and there is no residue at all. and i've sprayed liberally. its greaseless. in fact i cant tell the difference.

monet

8) Cooool! Thanks for letting us know about it!! Every once in a while my mylar mold-liner sticks.

Latest posts

Back