Easter soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlybyStardancer

Reaction score
Easter soaps! (New cut/unmolded pics added!)

First off, is the whipped soaps I made for my nieces. Palm, coconut, olive, shea, and castor. Will try this technique again, though not for the bulk of my recipes. Colored with yellow mica, put streaks of red-orange mica along the inside of the ziplock I used as a piping bag. Scented with NG Fruity Rings (which does smell exactly like Fruit Loops OOB).

Second is the soap for my friends' party. It was meant to be zombie eggs. However, the color didn't come out as I intended (I used WSP green mica with a touch of ultra marine lavender that I hoped would make a zombie-ish green, and then streaked the inside of the bag with more red-orange mica). Instead of a nice zombie with streaks, it turned this flesh-color... And it was IMPOSSIBLE to pipe into my egg molds. :( so I quickly grabbed another mold (thankfully lined weeks earlier) and squirted the bag of soap batter in, and then spooned in the batter that was in some of the eggs and along the bottom of the container I had used to hold the piping bag while I filled it. So now it's zombie snack bar soap.

Not only was the color wrong, but it traced soooper fast. I did half OO, and used only a little each of palm, CO, shea, and castor. (16%, 20%, 10%, and 4% respectively.) I had let the lyewater cool for hours, and heated the oils up in the microwave just enough to melt the hard oils, and then let it cool back down as much as I dared. It probably only took about a minute to get to light trace, and by the time I was done mixing in the colors and FO, it was at a med-thick trace. When I got it in the final mold, it was definitely thick trace.

Also, after these two soaps I'm certain that having long sleeves is not as much protection as it's supposed to be. Even with trying to tuck the ends into my gloves, I still ended up with soap batter on my wrists for BOTH batches. :/

5AB1252D-E871-46B5-936B-8A88BF05646E_zpsxlxxxm6f.jpg

A8101913-1169-4426-8754-3349B7D77977_zpslalxufq1.jpg

Last edited:
Unmolded the loaf, but haven't cut it yet. It's still suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper soft and easily dented. The colors are a bit odd. I had pre-mixed the green mica in oil and let it sit, so I'm not sure why it didn't mix in nicely.

738497C7-7942-41CD-987D-66FCF3FC4A04_zpsu8vqgrwh.jpg

AB05B369-1B23-4139-9A4E-2B87E77FC1CA_zpsh4gsfc4n.jpg

wow that looks nice, I love the red and white on the outside - I cant wait till you cut!!
cut cut cut!!

Finally, cut pics for the loaf and unmolding pics for the whipped eggs! There's several eggs with incomplete bottoms, but there should be enough for gifts for my nieces.

The two with tops still on them are ones where the top didn't want to release. Will work on them later. They both have incomplete bottoms anyways, so I'm not as worried about them coming out cleanly.

BEDA73FE-CDCA-46AC-AD5D-49E40079336D_zpshidgle51.jpg

E93E1A4C-368F-4FED-9FD5-E2E921E19AD6_zpstajlrlqm.jpg

CA73A485-A998-4BCC-8AF6-45F840AE9F69_zps0ypum2qj.jpg

B1DB24FC-E220-4EE3-A5A4-B5E3903054B2_zpsbseq9g47.jpg

Latest posts

Back