Easter noms!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was reading in the comments section under the Alton Brown Red Velvet Cake recipe, and I saw that a lady wrote in about how she got a red cake by using just a teaspoon of the food coloring (instead of the whole ounce called for), and subbing out some of the flour for powdered beetroot. Sounds like it might be worth a try to nix the food coloring altogether and just try using powdered beetroot.

I think I had heard of beetroot juice... Obviously I haven't done a full investigation yet. Got too many projects and not enough time!

LOL That gave me a good giggle. I agree, the real stuff is 'flipping amazing'. In regards to Cool Whip, I'm with Arimara..... Cool Whip = ca-ca. LOL Give me real whipped cream any day. Real whipped cream frosting is awesome.

I grew up with Cool Whip as the everyday stuff, and whipped cream only for holidays. I'm not sure I've lost the taste for it yet (as whipped cream has the normal dairy problem of an awful aftertaste for me). I did lose my taste for margarine though, so there's still hope for me. ;)

Latest posts

Back