Easiest White Bread EVER

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since SOMEONE (mumbles navigator9's name threateningly) linked that "oh so helpful" link to King Arthur Flour's website, and they HAPPEN to have an email newsletter every day, I got lost over there, and have a newsletter coming to my email. (mutters)

And I found the absolute easiest way to make bread EVER. It makes a lovely crusty dense bread that has a wonderful flavor. I have another batch in the fridge right now.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/no-knead-crusty-white-bread-recipe

Y'all do know I started making soap to get away from baking bread, right???

You sound just like me Susie . . . I started soaping because I love to bake and there are so many similarities. Plus soaping doesn't make you gain weight like eating lots of bread and pastries. The no-knead bread recipes are my favorites and the one you posted can be tweaked just a bit to make the best sandwich bread ever. Substitute 1 cup of buttermilk for 1 cup of water and bake in a loaf pan instead of a free-form boule. Seriously makes the best grilled cheese sandwiches and BLTs!

Yep, that is very similar to the recipe I started with a few years ago. After several successful batches I got interested in sourdough and things really got interesting.

You sound just like me Susie . . . I started soaping because I love to bake and there are so many similarities. Plus soaping doesn't make you gain weight like eating lots of bread and pastries. The no-knead bread recipes are my favorites and the one you posted can be tweaked just a bit to make the best sandwich bread ever. Substitute 1 cup of buttermilk for 1 cup of water and bake in a loaf pan instead of a free-form boule. Seriously makes the best grilled cheese sandwiches and BLTs!

OOOOoooohhhhh....really?? *Runs off to add buttermilk to grocery list.*

I didn't start soaping to substitute for baking - but I DO substitute Christmas cookies with soaping!

However, authentic Scottish shortbread, and gingerbread cookies can never qualify for substitution.

Since SOMEONE (mumbles navigator9's name threateningly) linked that "oh so helpful" link to King Arthur Flour's website, and they HAPPEN to have an email newsletter every day, I got lost over there, and have a newsletter coming to my email. (mutters)

And I found the absolute easiest way to make bread EVER. It makes a lovely crusty dense bread that has a wonderful flavor. I have another batch in the fridge right now.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/no-knead-crusty-white-bread-recipe

Y'all do know I started making soap to get away from baking bread, right???

Hmmmm...did I hear someone mention my name??? :grin: I too, have used that recipe. It really couldn't be easier, could it? And is there anything that smells better than bread baking? Or the smell of it in the toaster for breakfast the next day? I started making bread as a hippie teenager, using the recipe on the bag of flour. I guess I wasn't intimidated because I was too clueless to know that some people find bread tricky to make. For some reason, it has always come easy to me, and I've made many loaves over the years. While not difficult, it is a bit time consuming, and these wonderful, no knead techniques have really made bread making possible for those who are still a bit scared, or just time challenged. I'm so happy to have been an enabler, and I hope you're enjoying every bite!!! Actually, I came here because of another of the no knead recipes, and I'm going to start a new thread, so as to not hijack this one. Bake on!

Latest posts

Back