Earth n' Turf

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OferaliO

Reaction score
My "Earth n' Turf" soap. Picture taken right after slicing.. now 5.5 weeks. Excited to try this one... it smells like fresh outdoors. I know I will love being able to smell this when I'm sick of winter!

20150721_231253.jpg

Pretty soap. Just wondering, if the parsley stayed green.

The bits near the surface have yellowed some but the bits deeper in are still green as is the surrounding soap. I love it, regardless! It smells amazing to me... made my three upstairs rooms smell just like fresh outside for the first week of curing. I don't make candles but I would love one scented like this.

Thank you all for your very nice words!

Yes there is, I will put in a soap sample I just poured a couple of days ago using Big Sur and Dirt in your box. I did get this batch a little strong on the dirt but it does tone down. Mine in from Natures Garden

Awesome! In very curious. I want to buy so many FO but they're expensive and I would hate to be stuck with stinky soap.

That soap immediately brought the forest to mind when I saw it. Very pretty. And the parsley holds up as far as the green goes. I used it in my first swirl and, while it mellowed just a tad, it actually lifted to a softer lighter hue that looks very fresh and green. I'm very happy with it and plan to use it again :)

oh man, I love the dirt FO, and these look really great! I didn't know you could get a green like that with parsley? I think most of the green botanicals fade ):

I saw so many techniques that when I used them I did a little of each, in the hopes that between them, the colors will last.
I added a little kaolin white clay to the batter before I split it out for coloring, then I added the colorants. One was an infused oil the other a ground powdered parsley. I had also infused oil with the parsley, so I used a pinch of that infused oil to mix the ground parsley in before adding to the batter. I figure based on what I read the clay helps anchor colors and scents, so why not try it? So far the colors are still bright and true at 4 weeks, but I'm watching them over time to be sure.

Latest posts

Back