Earth Meets Sky

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you show the cut please? The suspension is killing me lol
I posted it in the August Challenge sign up sheet a while back. Here it is.

Attachments

• C2F02EF6-9823-49CF-AB87-88F20A9AEF73.jpeg
    C2F02EF6-9823-49CF-AB87-88F20A9AEF73.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 1
I add my FO at the very last minute after separating and coloring. If I’m doing a swirly design I add them to all the colors at the same time. If I’m doing layers I add it just before I pour each layer as I need to wait a bit between layers for them to set up. Don’t stick blend the FO in...whisk it in. That little bit of extra stick blending will make a difference In how quickly it starts to set up. I never use a brand new to me untested FO if I’m swirling as I don’t want to be caught off guard. I use new ones in simple designs so I get a feel for how it behaves in my recipe.

Looking forward to hearing how you like it!

@Jersey Girl, The photos on the Beer Soap? thread inspired me to make my first ever beer soap so I used my sample of Earth Meets Sky today. For the beer I used Honey Pilsner by Orange Blossom Brewing Co. (fairly local). I didn't add any color because I wanted to see how the beer affects the color. I think Earth Meets Sky compliments the scent and taste of the beer. When I first poured it into the mold the batter was a pretty honey golden color but it's fading now to a creamy white. It's only been four hours so I'm sure it will end up being white or cream colored. I detect a slight Christmas tree scent OOB and for whatever reason it makes me hungry; not that I eat many Christmas trees... I used 5% PPO, hope that's a good amount.

Latest posts

Back