Earth colors

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I love earth colors. Blue was my thing last year but it's hard for me to direct myself away from black, copper penny, golds and naturals right now.

Scented with Lav and Cedar, plus more cedar wood, patch, sandalwood and a smidgen of vetyver.

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 10.48.17 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 11.11.53 PM.jpg

Last edited:

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super pretty soap newbie. I'm with you on the earth tones. I love rich brown and copper in soap.

Judiraz

Reaction score
can't wait to see the cut bars. I love earth colors as well, particularly the coppers!

TeresaT

I see you.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
How on earth did you do that? (See what I did there?) Is that a ribbon pour? That is fabulous soap. I can't wait to see the cut. I used to love earth tones. However, for the last two or three years, I have been in love with bold colors for some strange reason. Usually, you tone things down when you age. I'm doing the opposite.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The bars are in the oven currently going for a controlled gel which I hope will deepen the colors. Ribbon pour with 4 layers so I'll cut one up to see how it looks inside with the different patterns.

Teresa, some people get bolder with age! You may be one of them. ;)

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you! I cut them up. Actually the bottom layer or back looks better to me than the front. I was a little short of colors on the last layer; i prefer them more saturated. I will get some pictures in good light tomorrow and post them.

Thanks for looking!

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The backs and the fronts. I think I may like the backs better. The gold part carries the sheen of the 24 kt gold mica, which I have a weakness for and I like the weird patterns. The fronts are not as saturated in color, although certainly not pale, and I like the patterns there too but the back is more unusual.

IMG_8669.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8674.jpg

IMG_8677.jpg

MySoapyHeart

Bee Happy
Reaction score
Well these are really cool, newbie, I prefer the backs too. (The fronts remind me way too much of my usual migraine attacks, with the zig-zag pattern, lol)

The squiggly and fun pattern in the back are really fun and gives something unexpected to the soaps.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Oh no!!! Migraine soap! Who needs that? ;)

I'm trying to think of a new pouring pattern to give a different effect but I'm stalling out at the moment.

TeresaT

I see you.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! Those turned out amazing. I love the backs, too. The randomness of the pattern is more interesting to me than the symmetry of the front. But both sides are incredible. I would grab two bars and put them in a shadow box to display them side by side. They are fabulously artistic.

ETA: OK, my shadow box would have the right front from the top photo and the middle one from the third photo.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spectacular is all I can say!! I have not been able to pour a nice ribbon pour in my 6 lbs molds since I cannot use a funnel pitcher. Mine are to small

Latest posts