Eagles greatest hits

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
I thought this looked like the eagles greatest hits album cover but maybe it is just me. The FO is poison apple from nurture soap. It has a very masculine scent but not any apple that I can smell.

Attachments

• AddText_09-15-01.31.13_compress48.jpg
    AddText_09-15-01.31.13_compress48.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 45
View attachment 49599You nailed it!
Is this more chopstick work? Tell me more. Like do you run the chopstick lengthwise in your loaf?
Yes. I, pour the soap I colored white into the mold almost to the top. I leave about a 1/4 inch at the top and let the batter get very thick. To the point that the batter will hold a peak. Then I pour one color at a time. It works best if it is thinner then the first layer you pored, then hold my chopstick at a 45° angle to the batter, then I start mixing it by moving my chopstick up and down very fast along the length of the mold. It's almost like your making a very tall and skinny "O" with the chopstick. That is it. And it is kind of messy but that is what a rag is for. You can create different directions in the design by moving the chopstick at diagonals rather than up and down. Good luck.

Love the Eagles. Love your soap.
We need to name this technique lol
I already mentioned the Ziegler swirl in your other post..... But maybe let's not say swirl **puts thinking cap on**

Love the Eagles. Love your soap.
We need to name this technique lol
I already mentioned the Ziegler swirl in your other post..... But maybe let's not say swirl **puts thinking cap on**
Thanks. I wouldn't really know what to call it.

I made a lavender soap I called Lavender Blue (dilly dilly) - it got me thinking I might try a 'collection' of oldies... there are tons of titles that would work!

Attachments

• Soap 33 Lavender Blue2.jpg
    Soap 33 Lavender Blue2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 20
QUOTE="SPowers, post: 848525, member: 46107"]
I made a lavender soap I called Lavender Blue (dilly dilly) - it got me thinking I might try a 'collection' of oldies... there are tons of titles that would work!
[/QUOTE]
There is a lot of great album covers and songs from the 70's.

[/QUOTE]
It does look like the cover! Could you recommend a scale for small amounts, fragrance oils and other small amounts say around .01? thats accurate. I have a KD 8000 for my large scale and am happy. I read some of your comments from another thread, but there seems to be no primary thread on scales surprisingly.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is... I was actually looking in the late 50's - early 60's era! They are a bit more fun and definitely in my early years.

It does look like the cover! Could you recommend a scale for small amounts, fragrance oils and other small amounts say around .01? thats accurate. I have a KD 8000 for my large scale and am happy. I read some of your comments from another thread, but there seems to be no primary thread on scales surprisingly.
[/QUOTE]
I have both of these and they work great. They weigh down to 0.01 if you need one that goes down to 0.001 let me know and I will send you the link.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075QB7WV9/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_qAMyFbS6558Q5
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A755058/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_WzMyFb1BFYRQF

Latest posts

Back