E-wax vs BTMS

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleine Teufel

Reaction score
I've got a load in my shopping cart, but I'm stuck on this choice. I know the BTMS (25% according to supplier) is supposed to make a much silkier, drier lotion. I've been using e-wax (1lb bag of it from BB), and my lotion is actually quite dry (actually too much, I plan to reformulate), but has anyone actually used the two different emulsifiers to compare first hand? Which one do you prefer, adding in cost factor... Because the BTMS is about $2 more per pound.

I have used both Polwax and BTMS, separately and together. I actually like using them together in my formula. When used alone, the BTMS can feel too dry/powdery to me, but when used together with Polawax, it helps to cut down on the greasies for me without making things feel too powdery.

IrishLass :)

IrishLass said:
I have used both Polwax and BTMS, separately and together. I actually like using them together in my formula. When used alone, the BTMS can feel too dry/powdery to me, but when used together with Polawax, it helps to cut down on the greasies for me without making things feel too powdery.

IrishLass :)

i'm so glad you mentioned this!

i've been thinking about using both together and kept meaning to ask if i could but everytime i get on here, i just get so distracted for some reason..
IrishLass, i was thinking i'd go by the 25% rule, and then divide it between the Polawax and the BTMS??

BTMS-25 definitely gives a 'way too dry' feeling, leaving you wondering whether you just moisturized or not!

Latest posts

Back