E-wax in body butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PuddinAndPeanuts

Reaction score
My body butter is anhydrous. It's a fantastic recipe, but it melts in high temps and then feels like a grainy mess when it resolidifies. That's usually fine- I can keep it plenty cool, but I have a potential wholesale client located in the south. If I added something like e-wax from WSP would it prohibit those grains from forming?

ETA: my concern is shipping during warm weather.

Last edited:
I've heard people recommend the same. I don't sell it during the summer due to the same issues. Forgot the butter Ez. Might have to give it a try

Lotion Crafter sellsButterEZ™, here is the INCI: Caprylic/Capric/Palmitic/Stearic Glyceride. WSP has a similiar product under a different name. ButterEZ is a great product. It will stop the graininess, but not the melting. I find my emulsified body butter do not melt down as badly as anhydrous butters, not saying it won't melt in the prime of summer but not as quickly as my solid lotions

I live in S. FL and have had the same issues with my body butters. I've also just stopped selling them during the hot summer months. I just ordered Butter EZ from Lotion Crafters (I didn't see it on the WSP site). Can't wait to try it and see if it will help.

I second or third the ButterEZ. Great product! I use it in my lip balms to prevent graininess.

IrishLass :)

I called Lotion Crafter and they also mentioned Lipid Thix, which is a powdered hydrogenated veggie oil. Where Butter EZ stops graininess and apparently increases melt point a little, Lipid Thix apparently significantly raises your melt point. Both apparently are naturally derived.

Back