DWCP anyone?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdie

Reaction score
Is there anyone else here that uses the Discounted Water Cold Process method?
This has to do with the strength of the lye solution, not the lye discount/SF.

I have no clue how to figure the percents... but basically my recipe calls for 9.570oz of water and 4.054oz lye, and I only use 8 oz of water. Takes forever to cool but I generally work with higher temps (108-116)

If you go to the soap calculator, i am at work so i dont have it handy.. I think its soapcal.com? not sure. Maybe Paul will chime in to give it to you..

If you change the lye concentration to the desire precentage it will tell you the amount of water to use.

Note: The Lye amount never changes! Just the water!

Greetings - I have just learned to set my recipes at 30% - which before I was working with no H20 discount - the past several batches have been great -- no complaints, with this adjustment.

ps. I love www.soapmaker.ca - its a must have if you want to make your own recipes! :) roro

I use equal parts lye/liquid which - depending on the calculator - is a 48%-50% lye solution.

This method is a bit tricky at times - but speeds up cure time as far as the liquids evaporating from the soap. HOWEVER - I am still of the belief that the longer a soap cures the MILDER they become and that longer cure times effect the lathering properties as well.

I can use a soap at the two week mark with good results. I am comfortable using it and comfortable with others using it. But at four weeks the results are much better as they are even less drying and have a thicker, richer lather. and they last longer too depending on the recipe.

Marr

Birdie, I do a 33% at least discount, but I call it lye solution percentage more often like Smelli does. I do WD RTCP using GM! I'll decipher the acronyms later if need be to newer ones, just quickly wanted to chime in!

Paul...

Back