Dual lye 50:50

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunibee

Reaction score
I was watching some you tube video where the lady mentioned for a dual lye sopa. You can divide the TOW by 2 and calculate lye once for Naoh and once for Koh and you will get it right . I have been trying to remember who for the life of me I cannot .
Can dual lye be calculated like this. ?
Thank you in Advance

You can do it that way, or you can use the soapmakingfriend.com calculator. This one allows you to put in both lyes at once, and to set them to different ratios than 50-50.

This is very helpful bc I don’t use 50-50 for anything. I use 97:3 NaOH:KOH for bar soap, and approx 60:40 KOH:NaOH for shave soap.

If you don’t want to use that calculator, then you can simply multiply the oils by the percentage of each that you want to use. That way, you aren’t stuck with a 50-50 blend which isn’t particularly useful for most applications. 😀

Thank you
You can do it that way, or you can use the soapmakingfriend.com calculator. This one allows you to put in both lyes at once, and to set them to different ratios than 50-50.

This is very helpful bc I don’t use 50-50 for anything. I use 97:3 NaOH:KOH for bar soap, and approx 60:40 KOH:NaOH for shave soap.

If you don’t want to use that calculator, then you can simply multiply the oils by the percentage of each that you want to use. That way, you aren’t stuck with a 50-50 blend which isn’t particularly useful for most applications. 😀
Thank you AliOop .. yes i totally am loving using the soap making friend calculator.. the dual lye with citric acid also is such a breeze. Makes life so simple .. I used 90:10 for my bar soaps . Will let u know how it turned out .. but yes thank you for the information about dula lye bars

Latest posts

Back