Drying Trays?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barloki

Reaction score
I am looking for some drying trays. I did not see this answered anywhere on the site.

I have found a few varieties of the trays, vented drying trays, plastic drying trays, and treated wood.

Wanted to see if you all have a favorite or preference...?

I get mine from Mission Peak soaps. They wok quite well and you can stack them

yeahh still doing the large-piece-o-plywood routine lol

Thanks for the mission peaks suggestion. THey are exactly what I have been looking for and only 1.98 each, that's a great deal even with shipping. I have probably spent much more than that just driving around looking for them locally.

donniej said:
There's osme pics of my drying rack in this thread... check it out. It's just a wooden frame and fiberglass window screen from Lowes.

http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5236

OMG - Guess where I have been for the past couple of hours.. :) Home Depot it was... My BP who also does woodworking is in the garage working on something that combines your shelves on one side and a stationary shelving system on the other...

I will post pictures when it is completed... I am very excited!

THANSKS Donniej - tell your girlfriend the shelves rock!

these work well

Hey,

Another idea if you're wanting to dry a large amount is this...

LS3217D_l.jpg

Once all the plastic outer is taken off it's a great space saver.. The trays are often mesh as well, the air gets around it better.. They're even a good idea if you're using smaller stackers.. place your other stackers inside this.

just an idea..

This thread must have been in the back of my mind as I was getting a cup of coffee last night.

I went to Dunkin Donuts for my caffeine addiction and they had rolling carts out back, about 6 feet tall. They have around 15 -20 layers that hold sheet cake sized trays. The nice girl that works there is one of my best soap testers, so I asked her about getting my hands on one of the carts. The owner was there and he agreed to give me one of the bakery racks when they get new ones (they just ordered them so it may be a few weeks)! I'm so freakin excited! Drying racks weren't even on my list!

DH put a few shelves in the closet in my office last year, so that's been my system. But my office is upstairs and my soap kitchen (aka 'used to be the mud room') is downstairs. Every batch had to be carried upstairs to dry.

So, now everyone, go make nice with your local bakers! :lol:

Back