Drying Salts in a Food Dehydrater?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krickett

Reaction score
Hello All, due to some personal difficulties I have not been here in a while. I have really missed it too, so now I have alot of catching up to do. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to dry bath salts in a food dehydrater and what the results if any were? I mean is it possible to do this? Was just wondering. In advance Thank You for any and all feedback it will be greatly appreciated.

Krickett

I've never done it, but it seems as though it would be messy compared to just letting them air out on a cookie sheet or something. At least with the dehydrator I have, salt bits would fall through the plastic screen.

I was wondering if putting them on the bottom on the plastic thing for fruit roll ups would work? Or if you could line the shelves with wax paper or even news paper? And if just air drying about how long does it take for the salts to be dry enough to package or store? Many Thanks in advance for the responses.

Krickett

Back