Drying bath bombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyfizz

Reaction score
Looking for some tips on how to get bath bombs to dry harder. I've been making them for myself for nearly a year now, and I'd like to start offering them in my shop. My only issue is I don't quite trust that they wouldn't fall apart during shipping, because they don't seem like they ever dry completely. No issues with cracking or crumbling, they just always stay a bit soft. Like they will dent if I press my finger into them. They're sturdy enough I can handle them around the house for personal use just fine, but not really a quality I would want for customers. I feel like i've tried everything, different ingredients, different ways to mold, drying in the oven, leaving them sit out for several weeks before declaring them done, and I always get the same result. I live in a pretty dry climate, so it seems odd that it would be moisture in the air causing it. Any tips on how to get them to dry?

My current recipe includes, baking soda, citric acid, corn starch, slsa, cream of tartar, kaolin clay, avocado oil, polysorbate 80, fragrance, and 70% alcohol for moisture. I usually keep my ratio of wet ingredients between 7-10% of my total recipe.

Latest posts

Back