Drop swirl - Christmas soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448481042.430580.jpg

So here is my Christmas soap, cut and curing. Scented with cinnamon, clove, orange, and Christmas spice. I made it on Sunday and until today it was zapping. Very glad that it has calmed down now

Love the colours. I adore Christmas scents, I bet it smells amazing!

Yep, gently weeping flowers and flickering flames. Nice!

OK this is me being just totally cranky. Lovely bars and lovely fragrance. Yes, you cut them too early, but you know that :) For my taste, I'd want a thicker, narrower bar. Can't tell length nor width nor how thick these are, but in my shower I think they'd break in the middle before I'd begun to use one up. I want a bar that can easily get in between and around all the areas I want to wash. I think I'd cut one of these in half and be happy depending on how big they are?

OK, the Grinch is going to back into hiding to chop stuff for tomorrow's feast. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, even those of us who have had one rough heck of a year have much to be thankful for!

OK this is me being just totally cranky. Lovely bars and lovely fragrance. Yes, you cut them too early, but you know that :) For my taste, I'd want a thicker, narrower bar. Can't tell length nor width nor how thick these are, but in my shower I think they'd break in the middle before I'd begun to use one up. I want a bar that can easily get in between and around all the areas I want to wash. I think I'd cut one of these in half and be happy depending on how big they are?

OK, the Grinch is going to back into hiding to chop stuff for tomorrow's feast. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, even those of us who have had one rough heck of a year have much to be thankful for!

Aye, I couldn't believe how soft it was even after 3 days!

As for the size, I agree - the new cutter I'm making will give me 2.8cm thick bars

Pretty! I was supposed to make a Christmas soap, but I'm out of supplies, so it's not going to happen :(

View attachment 17841

So here is my Christmas soap, cut and curing. Scented with cinnamon, clove, orange, and Christmas spice. I made it on Sunday and until today it was zapping. Very glad that it has calmed down now

You used more water in order not to reach trace quickly with the usage of clove that's why it is still soft, but how come it was zappy 5 days after molding it? Did you lye discount 1% or 2%?

Very beautiful soap ;)

Thanks, all - the red is a little too brown for my liking, but the green is lovely. I cut it too early, as you can see, but once I started I just carried on.

That is me too. I take it out of the mold and if it seems too soft to cut, I intend to leave it alone but am usually back to 'just cut the end and have a peek'. One peek leads to another, and there you go.

Beautiful soaps - I really like your color choice, and prefer the more subtle greens and reds for Christmas colors. If only I could manage a great burgundy.

Love the Christmas Tree soap. EG, I thought you said you didn't make 'pretty' soap or soap with colour.

Latest posts

Back