Droopy Silicone mold walls

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is probably ancient news, but just in case .... You know how the walls of those silicone molds tend to bow to the inside, right? I tried something that works really well in avoiding that. Glue sticks, like the kids use at school. The glue holds the walls in place perfectly and it releases easily when you want to remove the mold from the wooden frame. Pictures below.

Attachments

• IMG_3875.JPG
    IMG_3875.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3876.JPG
    IMG_3876.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3877.JPG
    IMG_3877.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3878.JPG
    IMG_3878.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 6
This is probably ancient news, but just in case .... You know how the walls of those silicone molds tend to bow to the inside, right? I tried something that works really well in avoiding that. Glue sticks, like the kids use at school. The glue holds the walls in place perfectly and it releases easily when you want to remove the mold from the wooden frame. Pictures below.
I have the same issue and I just put a little tape on the edge of the silicone and then tape it down on to the wooden box the mold sits in.

I have the same issue and I just put a little tape on the edge of the silicone and then tape it down on to the wooden box the mold sits in.
Duh.... Tape is an easier, more readily available method. But, if you happen to have a bunch of unused glue sticks hanging around doing nothing, you could put them to use. LOL

I also use tape. I use blue painter's tape and it lasts for several uses even with soap spilled over the edge during a pour. The glue is a good alternative, but the last time I went to pull out a glue stick it had all dried up. That's how often it gets used around here. It was probably left over from some art project with my granddaughter and had been sitting around for years before I decided to give it a try. :cool:

Latest posts

Back