Dried Lavender

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debby

Reaction score
Hi, I am using dried lavender to decorate my soap. I was quite annoyed when I went to cut the loaf as it looks as though there are burn marks around the lavender. Any ideas on how to prevent this? In the photo I have already taken the dried lavender off as it didn’t stick very well either even though I sprinkled it onto wet soap. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 34
Thanks for your reply, 😊
Yes, it is a shame. I definitely won’t be using it again on the soap!

Thanks for your reply, 😊
Yes, it is a shame. I definitely won’t be using it again on the soap!
It really is a shame. I bought a large bag of dried lavender specifically for soap and was so disappointed that it doesn't come out quite as I'd hoped in CP soap. I've since infused it in oil to eventually use in other products.

That’s a good idea! At the moment I have decided to sprinkle in over the finished soap before wrapping it in tissue to gift it. As you say it’s a shame as it have such a lovely perfume.

Lavender is my favorite herb.

If you have a lot, pack a mason jar full of it and pour in an oil like sweet almond and make an infusion. Or make some bath teas or sachets for your drawers etc. In soap...I agree..looks like mouse poop. I dont use any dried botanicals in soap.

Using it as part of gift wrapping is a nice idea. I used some of mine to make lavender bags for putting in wardrobes and drawers - can top up the scent with a few drops of eo when it starts to fade.

But on soap, they do become lovely little mouse droppings........🤮
Yes, I think this lavender has to be kept well away from the soap! 😂
Lavender is my favorite herb.

If you have a lot, pack a mason jar full of it and pour in an oil like sweet almond and make an infusion. Or make some bath teas or sachets for your drawers etc. In soap...I agree..looks like mouse poop. I dont use any dried botanicals in soap.
Thank you for the lovely ideas! 😊
I have stopped using dried lavender as well. It is a great idea but when they turn brown and look like little mouse turds....not so great.
Yes, it looked lovely on the wet soap! 🤣

That’s a good idea! At the moment I have decided to sprinkle in over the finished soap before wrapping it in tissue to gift it. As you say it’s a shame as it have such a lovely perfume.
Be aware that Lavender buds on wrapped soap can turn into mould, soap still has a water content so it does become a breeding ground to foreign bodies.

Back