Dragonsblood and Sandalwood Patchouli

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a couple of soaps from a couple weeks ago

20170618_182024.jpg

They look great! I have never smelled dragonsblood before so have no idea what it smells like, but patch and sandalwood I have. Great job : D

They look great! I have never smelled dragonsblood before so have no idea what it smells like, but patch and sandalwood I have. Great job : D

It is a rich scent with hints of vanilla, cinnamon (cassia), and a hundred other spicy notes all rolled into a scent that fills your head with sensual thoughts. (Of taking a hot shower! Get your minds out of the naughties!)

kchaystak, those are gorgeous soaps! I love that dark brown discoloration as a design factor.

I love the look of the DB, your colors pop quite nicely. Is this my DB? The Sandalwood and Patch is also very pretty. Can I ask what Sandalwood you used, I still have not found one I like.

Yes it was your FO. The main portion is activated charcoal. It set up pretty fast, as ac tends to so when I poured the colors, which were still very thin, I had to use a spoon to swirl. The ac was so thick it was like cheese curds, so it stayed in big chunks. There is no fo in the colors.

The sandalwood patch is from WSP. It is a nice fo, but I don't get alot of either scent. And as you can see it also discolors

That black one is on my list to copy :twisted: I LOVE it.

It is not at all what I wanted. It does have a lava rock or maybe those gas stone firepit look.

Not sure why I reached for ac and not my black micas. I just forgot ac really speeds up trace as it absorbs the water from the lye.

Next time I'll just let the soap brown, and the colors will dance thru like actual flames.

It is a rich scent with hints of vanilla, cinnamon (cassia), and a hundred other spicy notes all rolled into a scent that fills your head with sensual thoughts. (Of taking a hot shower! Get your minds out of the naughties!)

kchaystak, those are gorgeous soaps! I love that dark brown discoloration as a design factor.
I have a tough time describing it, even though I have used DB for years. Thankyou for the description Susie.

Oh, sounds SO delish, too bad I can`t get my hands on any because of the flashpoint. I`ll just live vacariously though ya`ll : D

Yeah, well done Susie. Sensuous thoughts of the shower... :twisted:

I'm gonna get me some of that DB from somewhere!

Latest posts

Back