• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dragon's Blood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou for all the good thoughts and prayers. In between hospital and taking care of mom since my sis went home I am slowly getting the DB packaged for mailing.

I do want to give everyone a heads up, this is the same DB Cal Candle has list as candles only. He and I had an agreement that it would not be sold to soapmakers unless my name is mentioned, so he labeled it as candles only. :) He stuck to his word. I know this for a fact because he only orders mine and I gave permission to make candles with it. I do not make candles.

Thankyou all again for your patience, I am working on it as I can

I love this! ❤

Update, I have managed to get out a few orders. Last Sunday I found my mom face down on the floor and had to call paramedics. She is home but now I have to stay 24 hrs a day since she cannot stay alone. Today I will try to pick up my bottles and DB, bring it here and start packaging. I really miss my own house... Mom starts therapy next week and hope it works. How quickly life can change

Update, I have managed to get out a few orders. Last Sunday I found my mom face down on the floor and had to call paramedics. She is home but now I have to stay 24 hrs a day since she cannot stay alone. Today I will try to pick up my bottles and DB, bring it here and start packaging. I really miss my own house... Mom starts therapy next week and hope it works. How quickly life can change

Oh my goodness, can you catch a break already?! I'm so sorry.

Just another assurance I'm not in a rush for the DB.... seriously. It just seem all that less important compared to all you are dealing with. ❤

Hey Carolyn,

Got my package yesterday - it is everything you promised. I hope your family is doing better. Thanks a million - I owe you a favor! :)

thank-you all for the well wishes. My mom is a bit better and hopefully she will improve more with therapy and step-dad is still in rehab and seems to be improving.

Glad to hear DB made it okay, as you can tell I am not a packaging expert. Hopefully all packages will be out no later than Tues. I am finishing up packaging today, hopefully, then they go to my daughter for shipping labels. I will be refunding some shipping overages to all that purchased 2 lbs, they fit in the $6.50 envelope. Check you emails for notice of refunds.

Last edited:
Oh Carolyn, I'm so sorry for all you've had to endure these last weeks (or has it been months?) The DB will arrive when it arrives, so no hurry. Definitely has to fall at the bottom of your worry list! Sending prayers and positive energy your way for you and all your family members.:angel:

Carolyn, let me know if my DB is retuned to you. I'll send you another round of shipping money. The mail carrier overstuffed my mailbox to the point it fell off the platform. So I haven't had a box for a week. I was out there today in the freezing rain BOLTING (and Gorilla gluing) that sucker back on. Let's see someone or something try to knock it off again! I first tried 2" bolts, but they were too short. I went with 4" bolts because I didn't trust that the 3" would be long enough. Bad call. I've gat an inch exposed. Oh well. Such is life!!

Carolyn, let me know if my DB is retuned to you. I'll send you another round of shipping money. The mail carrier overstuffed my mailbox to the point it fell off the platform. So I haven't had a box for a week. I was out there today in the freezing rain BOLTING (and Gorilla gluing) that sucker back on. Let's see someone or something try to knock it off again! I first tried 2" bolts, but they were too short. I went with 4" bolts because I didn't trust that the 3" would be long enough. Bad call. I've gat an inch exposed. Oh well. Such is life!!
Will let you know, I know yours shipped.

All DB has been packaged and will go out Mon or Tues. I am sorry but I sent a few invoices for extra shipping to anyone that purchased 8 oz. I goofed and did not charge enough. All packages have gone flat rate for $6.50. I credited back all overages. Thankyou everyone for your patience. My sis came in last night so I am home for at least a few days :)

Carolyn, was it you that said that we were underscenting soap if we intended to sell? If so, I agree with you now.

I have been using that sample that has 6% DB in it, and that is AWESOME! I can smell it every time I go into the bathroom, and I can smell it on my skin 11 hours after my shower. I do not wear scented products, so that is the only scent on me. I love it!

Have you tried blending that with anything else? I don't know why I can't leave FOs alone, and have to try to blend them with something else, but I can't.

Carolyn, was it you that said that we were underscenting soap if we intended to sell? If so, I agree with you now.

I have been using that sample that has 6% DB in it, and that is AWESOME! I can smell it every time I go into the bathroom, and I can smell it on my skin 11 hours after my shower. I do not wear scented products, so that is the only scent on me. I love it!

Have you tried blending that with anything else? I don't know why I can't leave FOs alone, and have to try to blend them with something else, but I can't.

I know there are lots of blends using DB so here are a couple I've done with really good results:

2% Leather + 1% DB = Worn Leather. One of my most popular.
Equal parts DB & patchouli = Hippie Soap. Fun novelty soap reminiscent of the Woodstock era.:cool:

All DB has been packaged and will go out Mon or Tues. I am sorry but I sent a few invoices for extra shipping to anyone that purchased 8 oz. I goofed and did not charge enough. All packages have gone flat rate for $6.50. I credited back all overages. Thankyou everyone for your patience. My sis came in last night so I am home for at least a few days :)

I haven't received an invoice or a way to pay yer. Did I miss a step or something that I was supposed to do to trigger getting a invoice?

Yep it was me :) I mix it with Queen of the Nile from soapsupplies.net and call it Mystic Dragon. It is another great seller. Queen of the Nile was not strong enough by itself

Just curious, do you add FO above IFRA guidelines? I go to both extremes in my thinking. Sometimes I use a lot of FO and feel like I must be poisoning myself, but I love soap that smells strong! Other times, I think I am overreacting to something that is probably not very harmful in the general scheme of things since fragrance oils are in everything. What is the general consensus about this, soapers?

Just curious, do you add FO above IFRA guidelines? I go to both extremes in my thinking. Sometimes I use a lot of FO and feel like I must be poisoning myself, but I love soap that smells strong! Other times, I think I am overreacting to something that is probably not very harmful in the general scheme of things since fragrance oils are in everything. What is the general consensus about this, soapers?
Hate to admit it, but I do go above with some fo's in soaps only. Not leave on products. My DB is considered safe up to 9%. Keep in mind having fo tested by the IFRA is not mandatory so not all fo's even carry an IFRA rating. It is a self regulating organization in the FO industry.

Back