Dragon's Blood New Pour Techniques

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New pouring techniques for me at least. This should be interesting. Need to restock Dragon's Blood, note to self, never run out of your best seller. I decided to play with a wall pour, using high low liquid, with different level of fo in the portion of batter that will be brown. How about that for including everything in one batch. :)

I was concerned about my fo because I know it it an accelerator, but we had to change manufacturer of my last batch of DB so I was not sure what it would do. I mixed 50/50 with my former fo, and am finding this new batch of DB does not accelerate at all. Yeah!

Recipe is lard, tallow, coconut, sunflower, shea, castor with honey and goat's milk and coconut milk. This is a new tall mold I had made in order to have room for pouring and swirling. Normally my soap recipes fill my mold to the top edge so this mold worked great. Now to watch for overheating and seperation since I cannot fit it into my freezer, and I used a much lower lye concentration, than my 33%-35% concentration

Now the wait is on...:)

So, lemme see -- new FO, new decorative technique, first try with hi-lo water, and new mold. All in one batch. What's left yet to try?? :mrgreen:

It ain't real until we see pics! :) Looking forward to enjoying a peek at the results.....

So, lemme see -- new FO, new decorative technique, first try with hi-lo water, and new mold. All in one batch. What's left yet to try?? :mrgreen:

It ain't real until we see pics! :) Looking forward to enjoying a peek at the results.....
LOL, bet I can find something. Unfortunatly we may not get pics, it got away from me and right now I have a nice unwanted liquefied gel. I made room and in the freezer it is. Hopefully it goes back together without separation. :-( This is why I do not gel... I had to get my Black Eyed Peas cooking so was a bit distracted. It was fine when I started cooking, not fine when I finished cooking and checked on it (soap). Will know in an hr or so what it is going to do. What worries me was the fact I was just borderline trace when I poured. Ah Humbug...

Back