Dragonfruit

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A little while ago, I purchased some fragrance oils from @Saponificarian. All of them are gorgeous but the Dragonfruit Poptail just called to me, and inspired this soap I made this week. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

dragonfruit (1).png

I had never even heard of dragonfruit until my niece recommended it to me as a cold Starbucks drink. Now I’m addicted to it! What a great flavor.

That is exactly what a dragon fruit soap should look like! I am curious about the fragrance and drink mentioned, as dragonfruits are so plain to eat, they do nothing for my tastebuds.

I agree. I've been told the pink fleshed ones have flavor, but I've only had the white. To me it had a kiwi-like texture and zero taste.

Misschief, that soap is beautiful. It looks just like a dragon fruit, outside and in!

That is exactly what a dragon fruit soap should look like! I am curious about the fragrance and drink mentioned, as dragonfruits are so plain to eat, they do nothing for my tastebuds.
since I’ve never had the fruit by itself, I don’t know what they’re supposed to taste like. The drink is sweet and I can’t really compare it to anything. There are small pieces of the fruit in the drink. Try it!

Starbucks®

I agree. I've been told the pink fleshed ones have flavor, but I've only had the white. To me it had a kiwi-like texture and zero taste.

Misschief, that soap is beautiful. It looks just like a dragon fruit, outside and in!
I buy dragonfruit (pink and white) when in season and no, the pink ones don't have any taste either, it's more of a textual thing, with the seeds being crunchy and the flesh is very watery. I think putting it in fruit salad brightens it up. I can't imagine what they put in the FO's, as it doesn't have any taste (they must make it up as they go).
I've noticed bird of paradise (strelitzia)scent in FO's as well, but you guessed it they don't have any scent.

Back