Dr Seuss scented soap...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they will either have the book name, or a character in the book. I've checked into being able to use the book name, and am waiting for a response.
ETA- I'm trying to do things the correct way, but if I cannot get permission (and/or pay the fee), they will have very imaginative names... I don't want to have a copyright problem on my hands.

So, are your soaps going to have those Dr Seuss names on them?

Last edited:
We'll have books for every age group, all the way up to adults. Our community has a group of older folks that aren't able to get to town easily, so we'll have books for them too... and yes, we'd gladly accept used books! I'd like to concentrate on kids' books, and give them as many choices as I can.

Does the school have a library? Does the town have a library? (that makes a difference...cause then I'll assume those libraries will have the "coolest" reluctant reader books such as Wimpy Kid, Zita, and 19 Story Treehouse

What age needs books the most?

Last edited:
Does the school have a library? Does the town have a library? (that makes a difference...cause then I'll assume those libraries will have the "coolest" reluctant reader books such as Wimpy Kid, Zita, and 19 Story Treehouse

What age needs books the most?

We don't have a school, the kids go to school about 15 miles away, and the public library is about 20. Unfortunately, we are one of those small communities that used to be a lot larger, until they built the interstate and bypassed us by about 20 miles. That's why I took on the Park project. I've lived in a lot of place over the years, and I see the kids need somewhere to go, and something to do before boredom sets in.
Most of the kids are K-5th grade. There are others grades, but we have mostly elementary age.

Oh, the generosity of my fellow soapers! You overwhelm me!
I will be feverishly soaping all weekend, so that by the first of Aug,. they'll be good to go!

I attached a picture of the inspiration for our "Nook". It'll be red, white and sky blue, with a lovely Dr Seuss mural on the front.

ETA- I apologize. I did not see the rule about soliciting donations....sorry

You have nothing to apologize about; you did not "solicit donations." I got that big ol' can of worms open by telling you that I'd like to donate to your cause. You only asked for some advice regarding your soaps. If the admins want to do a major smack-down, it should be me they open their can of whoop-a$$ on. The next time, I will PM the individual doing a great deed and ask how I can further their cause if it is something that touches my heart.

Admins, I am sorry for any problems or issues I might have caused. Won't happen again.

Please don't worry about it... And I just got a nice PM and told of the rule, and that the admins would have a discussion about it. But I didn't want to cause any trouble, so I offered to delete it.

Latest posts

Back