Dove type soap for sensitive skin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vaseline is a mix of microcrystalline wax, mineral oi (I think) and paraffin - all of which are made out of petroleum - so no they don't saponify.

Now about her: my kids are allergic to detergents except All. Actually they are allergic to any detergent that contains enzymes ( it has to be listed on the bottle, tho in tiny font) so we can't use Tide or Wisk but can use All and some other detergents (the cheap ones, basically). We can use dyes or perfumes, just not enzymes!

My kids had horrid eczema until we abandoned commercial soaps altogether and use handmade soap in the bath too. Oh and double rinse the laundry. Lots of people are sensitive to detergent products.

MY DH has psoriasis and suffers horribly if I put fabric softener in the wash. So I don't use it. But I do put a teaspoon of lavender eo in the rinse cycle. It doesn't soften but it does smell nice, and he doesn't have any trouble with that.
I had excema when I was pregnant with my son, and I feel so bad for anyone that has to live with it all the time. I would wake up in the morning with blood all over my hands from where I would be scratching myself to pieces in my sleep. It was terrible, I was red raw.
Any way that you can find any relief is great!

Good to know carebear and ChrissyB! The whole fragrance thing with her is up in the air so I think I'll make an HP batch of 71% OO, 25% palm, and 4% castor. I have some molds I want to try so one will be unscented (or 2) and the rest I'll scent with something. I can't use these cheap molds for CP and I'm antsy to try this! I have a Dreamsickle I want to try and it's a light FO.

All-natural-gals close your eyes.....
I've used only about 1% superfat and added 1 teaspoon ppo mineral oil (baby oil) to my soap. I like it. It's great for dry skin. Lye doesn't affect mineral oil and it stays in it's natural state in soap.
Which other oils do you use?

I'm trying to think of a recipe for a soap to make my mother in law. She's sensitive to lots of stuff, but uses Dove sensitive skin soap. I will make a 100% OO soap with GM, but I know she won't like the slime factor. I don't want to use coconut oil either. Has anyone done an olive oil and palm soap or something with a butter? Olive, palm, butter?

Dove isn't really "soap" which is why it is advertised as a 'beauty bar'. If does contain some fats: Tallow (usually beef), Palm Oil Coconut Oil or Palm Kernel Oil.

I have a customer with sensitive skin. I make a soap of Olive Oil (40%), Coconut Oil (27.5%), Palm Oil (27.5%) and Castor Oil (5%); 33% Lye Concentration and 5% SuperFat

Back