Dove or "soapy" FO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BB Shave and A Haircut smells like a masculine soapy barber shop scent to me - maybe a bit more of the shaving cream fragrance instead of pure soap. We used to live across from an old fashioned barber shop and I swear this is what occasionally wafted over to us when the wind was right.

I'll have to check out pure rain, that might be a acceptable alternative. I seen the one from SOS but I've not had good luck with their FO's. They either seize, morph or fade, the quality seems really shoddy.

I think I will try this supplier http://www.newyorkscent.com/dove-soap-type-fragrance-oil/

I haven't ordered from New York Scent (yet), but they seem to have a pretty good following in a few of the FB soaping supply groups I'm in. Please be sure to let us know about the quality, etc.

Obsidian - do you like Ivory scent? i was reading through the Sweet Cakes site and they have a FO called Clean(type). They describe it as an Ivory type scent.

Obsidian - do you like Ivory scent? i was reading through the Sweet Cakes site and they have a FO called Clean(type). They describe it as an Ivory type scent.

I have SC's Clean, and while it's a wonderfully clean scent, it's nothing like Ivory at all. At least not to my nose anyway. To me, it smells very lemony/orangey/citrusy with a bit of laundry detergent aisle thrown in (for lack of a better term). lol

IrishLass :)

I have SC's Clean, and while it's a wonderfully clean scent, it's nothing like Ivory at all. At least not to my nose anyway. To me, it smells very lemony/orangey/citrusy with a bit of laundry detergent aisle thrown in (for lack of a better term). lol

Good to know! That actually sounds nice (to me). :) Not sure whether Obsidian is looking for something like that.

Thats not quite what I was looking for but it does sound nice. I bought a bar of ass milk soap at a yard sale, it had the nicest clean, creamy lemon scent. Would love to find something like it.

Bwahahah I did a double take too....Fight Club came to mind before the braying critter did :). Can't even imagine milking a donkey , that would be one calm donkey!

Their "Clean" is a dupe of the perfume by DLish named Clean. It's one of my favorites. Not really soapy at all. I hadn't thought of making soap or lotion to smell like my perfume, so this excites me!

Latest posts

Back