Dove or "soapy" FO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used NG Agave Lime in a salt bar - to me it doesn't smell like either of those things but just a nice clean soapy smell. But when I use it again I'll probably up my usage to .75oz ppo - .5 isn't real strong.

I just bought Lavanila's lavender-vanilla deodorant and am wearing it today. I think it smells a bit like Dove as well. I hadn't quite placed the scent until you asked about Dove. I don't know how you'd dupe that, though. Lavender + vanilla would probably be a start.

Also, a review I just read on BB for their Eden's Garden Cybilla FO said it smelled like Dove.

I have no suggestions for a dupe for Dove, but my 2 favorite 'soapy' scents are:

1) Brambleberry's Soapy Clean FO (smells just like Tone soap to me)

and

2) Tassie Lavender from either Soapalooza or MMS (both smell the same to my sniffer). I don't like them so much OOB, but when soaped, they morph into a wonderful lavender with a lovely soapy undertone.

IrishLass :)

I made a coconut milk bar with WSP's Pink Musk. The bf and I think it smells more like store soap than a perfume-y smell. Not sure if that's just the combination of the coconut milk and FO, or just how the FO morphed out during the cure.

I made a coconut milk bar with WSP's Pink Musk. The bf and I think it smells more like store soap than a perfume-y smell. Not sure if that's just the combination of the coconut milk and FO, or just how the FO morphed out during the cure.

I made a wine soap with their pink musk and I think it smells perfume-y so it may be the CM mix. I don't think its nearly as perfume-y as pink sugar but its got those musky notes that I don't personally associate with "clean" smelling things.

I also forgot to mention that BB's Fresh Snow is a very "clean" smell. Smells alot like downy fabric softener to me.

Thanks for the suggestion but none are quite what I was looking for. I'm sure there are a lot of nice clean type scents but I don't want laundry scent or anything with lavender. Musk is off the list too, makes mom sick in any form.

Its been quite a while since I smelled tone, I'll have to sniff some next time I'm at the store. I already have fresh snow, I really like it but its too much like fabric softener.
I did find a dove dupe but its a company I've never heard of and there is no reviews. I need to get on the scent review forum and see what I can find. I also like the smell of Ivory.

Thanks for the suggestion but none are quite what I was looking for. I'm sure there are a lot of nice clean type scents but I don't want laundry scent or anything with lavender. Musk is off the list too, makes mom sick in any form.

Its been quite a while since I smelled tone, I'll have to sniff some next time I'm at the store. I already have fresh snow, I really like it but its too much like fabric softener.
I did find a dove dupe but its a company I've never heard of and there is no reviews. I need to get on the scent review forum and see what I can find. I also like the smell of Ivory.

I personally think that the Lemongrass/Sage from BB (used at medium rate) is quite neutral. Pleasant but unassuming.

I know one exact dupe of the dove soap scent - davinia. However it is available only from UK-based gracefruit, or from an importer in Poland (that's where I get it from). It accelerates trace slightly (but still can easily be used) and makes my soap a bit ivory/light creamy beige in colour. I usually have a heavy hand with scenting the soap but with this FO I lower the amount used because it is so strong and diffusive

Maybe try WSP's Pure Rain? I think it's supposed to be a Lever 2000 knockoff. Smells a lot like commercial soap to me, and customers seem to like it.

I had a dove scent! Save on Scents http://www.saveonscents.com/product_info.php/products_id/2082

JUST threw out the test bar because I didn't need it because it smells like the white dove soap .... I did a sniffie version of it as a tester. It moved fast and I had ash problems but so did most of my tests from that batch. My notes say "much better after cure than OOB. Moves quick , almost like pine tar does".

It was only one of two that actually kept the scent after three months from them. The other was the Downey one. Found it odd the only ones that stuck were the commercial smells. Not sure which "concentration" it was, whatever the sniffies are.

Yea, I gave up on save on scents except for those two and I expect to be doing the Pine Tar two step (get it in the mold get it in the moldddd) if I ever go with it. The "rain" versions are "soapy" so far that I've tried :). Funny how people want soapy smelling soap....

I'll second the suggestion of BB's Soapy Clean FO. It does smell a lot like commercial Tone soap. It's very popular with my customers who want the quality of handmade soap with a 'soapy' scent they recognize and love.

A free sample i got from Candle Science smells just like soap. I was dissapointed though because it's called "Cool Citrus Basil". But just smells like soap

What about irish spring scent? Its soapy and iconic. Sweetcakes has one that I've been eyeing but I havent purchased/used it.

http://www.sweetcakes.com/product_info.php?products_id=109

I have never ordered from Sweetcakes, but I have to admit that I have loved the scent of Irish Spring since I was a kid. Now you are going to make me place an order with a new supplier. (Do you like the way I am blaming you for my spending) :) While I am ordering from them, I might as well take a look around too see what else they offer that I haven't been able to get from my other suppliers.

I also use the Soapy Clean scent from BB. I don't sell, but everyone who receives my soap as a gift seems to love that scent. I agree with DeeAnna that it smells just like Tone.

Now if I can only find a soap that smells like Lever 2000, my collection will be complete!

Back