Double mint salt bar + Himalayan brine soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
Double layered salt bar with two differnt mint: mint EO for the blue layer, menthol crystal for the white layer. Made over the last weekend.
20200117091011.jpg

This is my first time making a salt bar and well...it doesn't look as nice as I wished. I used salt the same amount as my oil. The white layer turn out alright as it was the bottom layer in the mold. Poured smooth and feels smooth. The blue layer was traced a bit heavy when pour and salt wasn't mixed too well so it's quite lump when poured. The blue was achieved through mixing 1 part green clay to 1.5 part blue clay.

I prefer the look of my pink brine soap that I made back in August. They've been curing all this time and I just started using them.
cover-sml.jpg

I used Himalayan salt solution and rose clay for color. It's unscented, but smells surprisingly ok as I usually dislike high coconut soap smell.

Nice shade of blue it turned out to be.. I don't expect salt bars to be too smooth so I think that layered one is very pretty :)

Back