DOS on M&P only two weeks old?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My opinion. A reputable source of mp soap and two weeks old purchased within the last, oh, 4 months or so...It isn't dos. Can you tell us the who what when where why type of thing?

My opinion. A reputable source of mp soap and two weeks old purchased within the last, oh, 4 months or so...It isn't dos. Can you tell us the who what when where why type of thing?

I bought the MP at Michaels about 9 months ago. MP isnt really my thing and didnt plan to do a whole lot of MP so I paid retail. I melted with double boiler, added Mango FO, used a sprig or two calendula. A little orange spot on three of them. The only thing I can think of is that I might have closed the lid introducing tap water vapor into the MP. Dunno.

Did you put organics into the M&P?

Used calendula.

I'm guessing there was a contaminant in your calendula... DOS on M&P is just plain weird if you didn't put anything that rots inside. Even then, you'd get more of a, ummm, rotten-quality.

Perhaps you had *something* that came into contact with the soap while stirring or pouring.

I haven't seen that happen with the flower alone, but a base and FO by themselves seems even odder. I'd blame the flower. Wash your implements and go on a alcohol binge (spritzing) or drinking. :wink:

Latest posts

Back