DOS + Goat milk soap questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend who hoarded my soaps in a big bowl in his bathroom (no ventilation, at least 3 showers a day etc) They all got DOS, while none of mine even in my well ventilated bathroom or shower got DOS. So yeah, moisture...

Is this book considered a must-have for soapers?

I consider it a 'must have' for those that really want to know more about the more intricate 'science-y' details about soap. In other words, it's not exactly a book you can curl up on the couch with a cuppa to read like you would with "The Everything Soapmaking Book" or other such soaping books. Dr. Dunn actually wrote this book as a college lab course for his chemistry students. There are no pretty pictures or cool recipe ideas or anything like that, but you'll find out a lot of stuff you didn't know about soap (or ever wanted to know about soap). lol

IrishLass :)

Well I'm in a high humidity area (been running 70%+ humidity this winter), and although I keep my bars under blowing fans, I did have water drip on them a couple weeks ago. There's a milk shea bar and a bastille bar. :shock::mrgreen: We'll see if they develop DOS!

Back