DOS... any tips?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cascarral

Reaction score
Hello!

I've been founding DOS in my soaps that aren't that old, around 6 months to a year. My recipe is OO, CO, and cocoa butter with 5% SF.

I've been thinking about using sodium citrate, but first I thought I'd ask if in your experience you think it's worth it or I should look for other ways to reduce rancidity like a dehumidifier.

Also, what's the maximum humidity you'd have in your storage room? Maybe it's been getting too humid and I haven't realized.

A dehumidifier might be fine, but it isn't a surefire solution to minimize the chance of rancidity because there are many triggers for rancidity that have little or nothing to do with humidity.

Adding a chelator and/or an antioxidant to your soap can be extremely effective. If you can only use one, I'd recommend the chelator.

A dehumidifier might be fine, but it isn't a surefire solution to minimize the chance of rancidity because there are many triggers for rancidity that have little or nothing to do with humidity.

Adding a chelator and/or an antioxidant to your soap can be extremely effective. If you can only use one, I'd recommend the chelator.
Thank you! I will definitely try it. Sodium Citrate is a chelator, right?

Latest posts

Back