Door Dashers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know there is at least one Dasher here, so apologize for not remembering who you are. But this question is directed to you lol.

Last week I was doing some gardening, and completely forgot that I was supposed to be at my friends house for a bbq at 4pm. Too late to make food to bring, so I decided I am just going to bring booze. Used to be a bartender, so I ordered stuff to make up a pitcher of drinks.

Anyway, I get two successive messages, one to say that both of the booze bottles were out. I'm used to this. I don't care, bring me whatever they have around the same price is fine with me....is usually my msg back. The second message was that the dasher cancelled both of the booze orders and was only checking out for the beer and has already checked out. WHAAT. Thats the only reason i ordered it via door dash. I coulda gone to any gas station on the way to get beer. I needed those two bottles to make my famous drink. Now I just tipped him $15 to bring me a lousy 6-pack of beer.

ANYWAY. He gets here, i answer the door with my ID ready. He's literally a kid, MAYBE 21. I'm like dude (and I was pleasant and laughing), you need to give me more than 30 seconds for me to answer before you cancel part of my order.

HE FLIPPED OUT ON ME. Tries to take back my order (which is now in my house...you know, the whole 6 pack LOL with a $15 tip). I'm like what are you doing? "I don't have to deliver it to you. I can just leave." I'm trying not to get mad. He is literally this young. In my head: LITTLE MAN...STEP IN MY HOUSE. I CARRY.

I says..."I'm not reporting you, just telling you that you need to let someone know about missing items before you are ABOUT check out. I would have told you to subsitute something else." I'm standing there with a towel around my head for cripes sake. And it was a very calm conversation. He's like, "oh no, I'm reporting you dear. You will never get a door dash driver again. I am doing you a service." as he is typing on his phone. I'm standing there...I'm in the twighlight zone or something LOL I held out my ID, he's like I don't need that (as he was busy typing). So I reminded him that he just got $15 on an $8 6-pack of beer.. AT WHICH POINT he tried to go into my house AGAIN to grab off my endtable.

"SERIOUSLY DUDE. You are on three cameras right now so you need to leave." Now I'm not actually calm. Not crazy, but just raised my voice.

He walked across my lawn to his car, I'm just standing there watching him thinking "you look like you were such a good kid". I dunno what happened there. i never got mad. Never raised my voice (in the beginning). Was actually very pleasant, even when he tried to turn it into a battle.

I have two cameras in my house and one outside that witnessed this whole thing. I am nice to people that deliver, and I tip well. I either give soap to ppl or give them extra cash if it have it, AFTER I tipped in-app at least 20%. I have watched the whole encounter over and over. At no point was I anything but nice to him.

Its been about a week and I still haven't ordered anything from door dash. I'm like "reported me to who?" in the back of my head.

So that is my question...is there somewhere that I got reported to??

Edit: the bottles were just rum and malibu...coconut rum. I'm sure there was a replacement.

Last edited:
Was it @MelissaG? I think I remember her saying that in another thread.

That kid... no words! Since you have everything on video, maybe you should post it to YT or TikTok or FB, and see if anyone can give you some ideas about how to alert the company.

PS: I don't know what he might have filed, but I'd make sure the company knows about it. Here is the link: DoorDash Merchant Support

Yes, contact doordash directly on your app. They likely will just give you your money back though. If he gets enough bad reviews, he will lose his ability to doordash because the app will cut him off. The thing is, dashers don't really have a boss they report to and are considered contract employees. Also, you should still be able to cancel your tip just talk to doordash. Oh, also make sure you leave a bad review. If his reviews get below 4.2 stars, thats when doordash cuts him off. Sorry you had such a bad experience. I'd never talk to a customer like that. Your tips make the difference though I haven't dashed in a while (there haven't been any time slots available).

Was it @MelissaG? I think I remember her saying that in another thread.

That kid... no words! Since you have everything on video, maybe you should post it to YT or TikTok or FB, and see if anyone can give you some ideas about how to alert the company.

PS: DoorDash Merchant Support.
*wink* yep me

Yes, contact doordash directly on your app. They likely will just give you your money back though. If he gets enough bad reviews, he will lose his ability to doordash because the app will cut him off. The thing is, dashers don't really have a boss they report to and are considered contract employees. Also, you should still be able to cancel your tip just talk to doordash. Oh, also make sure you leave a bad review. If his reviews get below 4.2 stars, thats when doordash cuts him off. Sorry you had such a bad experience. I'd never talk to a customer like that. Your tips make the difference though I haven't dashed in a while (there haven't been any time slots available).
Although I live in a decent neighborhood, I still worry about retaliation. I mean, he knows where I live and all.

My boss complained to a neighbor about something recently and their kids, in turn, blew up her mailbox with some sort of explosive.

I'd rather just leave no review than a bad review. But his comment that he was filing something about me? Whats that all about?

Sounds like he feels entitled. So sorry this happened to you, Kim.
So how did the night turn out otherwise? Did you end up stopping at the store on the way & Picking up what you needed so you could make your famous drink?

Although I live in a decent neighborhood, I still worry about retaliation. I mean, he knows where I live and all.

My boss complained to a neighbor about something recently and their kids, in turn, blew up her mailbox with some sort of explosive.

I'd rather just leave no review than a bad review. But his comment that he was filing something about me? Whats that all about?
I understand, but if you don't speak up then this poor excuse of a person will think that his behavior is acceptable. And when you leave the review, I would include that you hesitated to leave the review for fear of retaliation because he had your name and address, but the thought of him bullying others has led you to speak out.

I used to use Door Dash and Grub Hub because originally it worked out to be cheaper than me making the same trip. Then the city put a limit on what these companies could charge restaurants and of course, they passed it on to the customer not only with a "service fee", but higher delivery fees. Then they put in a mandatory tip of 15%. Now I don't mind tipping for good service, but I don't like being forced to pay for bad service. I had very simple directions...go in the front door, go to the end of the hall, turn left, go upstairs, office is on your left. I can't tell you how many times I got complaints from other people about "MY" delivery driver walking into people's offices. When one driver called to say he couldn't find my office, he admitted that he didn't read the directions. And I can't tell you how many times my food arrived late and cold.

It's doordash. He won't know who gave him the low rating unless you choose to post something obvious. The way he's acting, I highly doubt you're the only one.

Otherwise, I agree with everything Gecko said.

I understand, but if you don't speak up then this poor excuse of a person will think that his behavior is acceptable. And when you leave the review, I would include that you hesitated to leave the review for fear of retaliation because he had your name and address, but the thought of him bullying others has led you to speak out.

I used to use Door Dash and Grub Hub because originally it worked out to be cheaper than me making the same trip. Then the city put a limit on what these companies could charge restaurants and of course, they passed it on to the customer not only with a "service fee", but higher delivery fees. Then they put in a mandatory tip of 15%. Now I don't mind tipping for good service, but I don't like being forced to pay for bad service. I had very simple directions...go in the front door, go to the end of the hall, turn left, go upstairs, office is on your left. I can't tell you how many times I got complaints from other people about "MY" delivery driver walking into people's offices. When one driver called to say he couldn't find my office, he admitted that he didn't read the directions. And I can't tell you how many times my food arrived late and cold.
You should be able to change the amount of the tip. If not, that's news to me.

Here's the thing, drivers started refusing to do anything with tips under a certain amount. For example, I have been offered drives for $2.75. That's what doordash pays. And the customer didn't give a tip. And if the distance says it's 10 miles or more, with gas the price it is, it isn't worth the drive. Most drivers have started refusing to deliver if it's under $5 minimum, and even then, there's a movement within door dash that it says it should be $7 or more before accepting.

I once had a delivery that was 30 miles there and back and the total I'd get, including tip, was $5.40. Absolutely NOT. That doesn't even cover the cost of gas, never mind paying my bills. I refused it.

Doordash is a billion dollar company. They can afford to pay their drivers more but refuse to do so. Maybe that's why they made the 15% tip mandatory. Doordash even tried hiding the amount that the tip would be from the drivers which resulted in nearly all drivers refusing to drive. And now Doordash has started offering cash on delivery too, which has been an "absolutely not" thing for me because I don't want to be robbed if people know I have cash (this is also something nearly all drivers refuse to do).

The people have more power than they think they do.

Sounds like he feels entitled. So sorry this happened to you, Kim.
So how did the night turn out otherwise? Did you end up stopping at the store on the way & Picking up what you needed so you could make your famous drink?
It was a great night. I stopped and got my other ingredients.

btw…famous drink recipe is so simple:

750ml moscato wine
half of a 5th bottle of coconut rum. I eyeball it.
large can of crushed pineapples
a glop of white rum if you want it really boozy, but usually not necessary. I personally like it without the extra rum.

Pineapples go in with juice and all. I put it all into a big iced tea pitcher with the strainer side of the lid. Later the pineapple pieces are good to eat…they have been sucking up all of the alcohol all day lol.

Heartburn city for me, but it is really really good. It goes pretty quick and its not expensive to make.

Wow, wonder if he's been used and abused by previous customers and couldn't recognize that you've already been generous with a tip, and was being respectful with your feedback.

Assuming DoorDash works like Uber, the drivers rate the customers as well as the customers rating the drivers so I think that's what he meant.

Latest posts

Back