Don't want my melt and pour to shine

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris71

Reaction score
Hi all,
This week I am trying melt and pour soap but I don't like the shine. Is it possible to create a matte finish?
Thank you.
Chris

Creative textures might make a difference. I have used press and seal as a mold liner before, the top is textured in a way that might reduce shine

Thanks. I will try an opaque base and use powdered colorants. I won't add texture because I want a smooth soap. Thank you all for your advice, It helped a lot.
Hi Everyone, Here's an update. I've tried an opaque base soap an it did not shine at all. I have tried to insert a photo but it ended up in a gallery somewhere on this forum (LOL :) Hope the second time workedl. Thank you all for your advice and have a nice day. Chris

Attachments

• heartsoap3.jpg
    heartsoap3.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 53
Glad to see you got what you were aiming for. My granddaughter and I made a MP soap using turmeric as the colorant in this soap and it seems to have reduced the shine quite a bit. Without the color, this base did shine. BTW, the soap is actually a mix of MP and CP soap dough for the embellishments.
03.jpg

Back