Quantcast

Don't want my melt and pour to shine

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

chris71

Reaction score
Hi all,
This week I am trying melt and pour soap but I don't like the shine. Is it possible to create a matte finish?
Thank you.
Chris

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
That's kind of the nature of MP. You could try by adding powdered colorants in matte colors.

BattleGnome

Reaction score
Creative textures might make a difference. I have used press and seal as a mold liner before, the top is textured in a way that might reduce shine

chris71

Reaction score
Thanks. I will try an opaque base and use powdered colorants. I won't add texture because I want a smooth soap. Thank you all for your advice, It helped a lot.

chris71

Reaction score
Thanks. I will try an opaque base and use powdered colorants. I won't add texture because I want a smooth soap. Thank you all for your advice, It helped a lot.
Hi Everyone, Here's an update. I've tried an opaque base soap an it did not shine at all. I have tried to insert a photo but it ended up in a gallery somewhere on this forum (LOL :) Hope the second time workedl. Thank you all for your advice and have a nice day. Chris

Attachments

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to see you got what you were aiming for. My granddaughter and I made a MP soap using turmeric as the colorant in this soap and it seems to have reduced the shine quite a bit. Without the color, this base did shine. BTW, the soap is actually a mix of MP and CP soap dough for the embellishments.
03.jpg