Don't mess with this granny

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax Munky

Reaction score
Aug 19, 4:07 PM EDT

Armed 85-year-old woman makes intruder call cops

POINT MARION, Pa. (AP) -- An 85-year-old woman boldly went for her gun and busted a would-be burglar inside her home, then forced him to call police while she kept him in her sights, police said. "I just walked right on past him to the bedroom and got my gun," Leda Smith said.

Smith heard someone break into her home Monday afternoon and grabbed the .22-caliber revolver she had been keeping by her bed since a neighbor's home was burglarized a few weeks ago.

"I said 'What are you doing in my house?' He just kept saying he didn't do it," Smith said.

After the 17-year-old boy called 911, Smith kept holding the gun on him until state police arrived at her home in Springhill Township, about 45 miles south of Pittsburgh.

The boy will be charged with attempted burglary and related offenses in juvenile court, Trooper Christian Lieberum said. He was not identified because of his age.

"It was exciting," Smith said. "I just hope I broke up the (burglary) ring because they have been hitting a lot of places around here."

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.
[Get Copyright Permissions]Click here for copyright permissions!
Copyright 2008 Associated Press

LOL!!!! I love her! ;)

Munky

The only problem now is that every one knows she has a gun, so now they will have one.

Sonja

Martin said:
The only problem now is that every one knows she has a gun, so now they will have one.

Sonja

That's true,but if I had a criminal mind,which I don't btw.. I'd avoid her house!

That kid got off easy,she could have made him call his mother. LOL!!

I hope that he's wise enough to face up to the facts,that she did him a favor,and he learns to get himself together before it's too late.

Munky.

yeahhh.....i say shoot him in the leg first, then shoot two in the ceiling...

"but officer....i fired two warning shots and he wouldnt listen...he reached behind his back as if to pull a gun out and i shot the muthaO*#$)*#()#!!!!"

:twisted:

I dont dig guns but i sleep with a machete within easy arms reach.... if anyone ever breaks into my house...A) theyll be chained to my toilet, and B) Ill be wearing his hand like a hammurabi-style necklace

Well out here in the hills of Kentucky, an old girl needs a rifle to stay safe. I'm 72 and I've got a few shotguns in my house just in case!

Although....if it was George Clooney coming to rob me of my britches, I just might have some fun....ohhhh :oops:

Latest posts

Back