Don't get to comfortable

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DapperDan

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just wanted to remind everyone that no matter how long you have been making soap or using Lye, don't get so comfortable you neglect your safety measures. I recently had a very painful reminder of what can happen when you least expect it.

I was making some decrative individual soaps using a squeez bottle to do sort of piping thing when my tip got clogged. Being a man I did what most men would do and squeezed harder. The nozzle blew off and into the mold I was decorating and the soap batter splashed up into my face covering one side of my face and into my mouth. I rushed to the sink and washed it off as quickly as possible and then jumped into the shower for a final rinse, but the damage was done. I did not have on safety glasses, but thanks be to God, NONE got into my eyes. I had burns all over my face and around my eye only God could have kept me safe that day. I was going to post a picture, but it wasn't a pretty face before the burns. LOL.

So I said all that to say, please be safe and wear your gear. You only have 2 eyes and I can testify lye on the face does not feel good.

Thank
Kirk C.

Jeepers. Hope your face recovers quickly!! Thank you for the reminder. Safety comes first :)

Good reminder, Dapper Dan. Thanks! I hope your burns are healing fast.

Thank you for the reminder and I hope you get better soon. I always say to other people that we must at least wear goggles because our skin can get away with a few burns but our eyes will never forgive us even for a few tiny lye drops.

We can make soap naked but we must wear the goggles! [emoji14]

Last edited:
I'm glad that turned out well for you. Thank God you didn't get any in your eyes. I hope you feel better soon.

Ngian- If that's how you roll...
_0c6c17610e6d07b2bcaf68f18235dcac.gif

I jest.

As everyone has said - thanks for the reminder, and although I'm sure your face hurts, I'm glad your vision wasn't impaired.

Back