Don't get to comfortable

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

DapperDan

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just wanted to remind everyone that no matter how long you have been making soap or using Lye, don't get so comfortable you neglect your safety measures. I recently had a very painful reminder of what can happen when you least expect it.

I was making some decrative individual soaps using a squeez bottle to do sort of piping thing when my tip got clogged. Being a man I did what most men would do and squeezed harder. The nozzle blew off and into the mold I was decorating and the soap batter splashed up into my face covering one side of my face and into my mouth. I rushed to the sink and washed it off as quickly as possible and then jumped into the shower for a final rinse, but the damage was done. I did not have on safety glasses, but thanks be to God, NONE got into my eyes. I had burns all over my face and around my eye only God could have kept me safe that day. I was going to post a picture, but it wasn't a pretty face before the burns. LOL.

So I said all that to say, please be safe and wear your gear. You only have 2 eyes and I can testify lye on the face does not feel good.

Thank
Kirk C.

crispysoap

Reaction score
Jeepers. Hope your face recovers quickly!! Thank you for the reminder. Safety comes first :)

galaxyMLP

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reminder! I'm glad to hear none of the batter made it into your eyes!

DeeAnna

Reaction score
Good reminder, Dapper Dan. Thanks! I hope your burns are healing fast.

ngian

Reaction score
Thank you for the reminder and I hope you get better soon. I always say to other people that we must at least wear goggles because our skin can get away with a few burns but our eyes will never forgive us even for a few tiny lye drops.

We can make soap naked but we must wear the goggles! [emoji14]

Last edited:

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that turned out well for you. Thank God you didn't get any in your eyes. I hope you feel better soon.

Ngian- If that's how you roll...

I jest.

Cindy2428

Reaction score
As everyone has said - thanks for the reminder, and although I'm sure your face hurts, I'm glad your vision wasn't impaired.

DapperDan

Reaction score
Thank you for the well wishes. I am now just as ugly as I was before the accident.

Latest posts