Done Deal. First Batch made!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmellyKat

Reaction score
Well, after much help from everyone here, a soap book and the internet, I made a 3 lb batch of soap. 45% OO, 30% Coconut oil and 25% Palm Kernel. I used the soap calc for a 3 lb mold. I used .6 oz of Patchouli and .7 oz of Lemongrass.
It is now wrapped in towels until tomorrow afternoon.
After the 24hr period, do I pop it out of the mold and cut it? Or wait a couple of days??

Only casualty was my finget when I stabbed it with a steak knife trying to get the wrapper off the EO bottle. haha

Kathie

congrats on your first batch!
you can unmold and cut it as soon as it is firm enough usually 24 hours is enough but some batches need to sit longer.

let me know how that eo combo is, Ive never tried it. did you just make it natural color? is is light tan? pictures please.

I love lemongrass!! Just bought a new bottle to use in place of lemon EO.

I'm not usually a fan of patchouli, but I bet in combination, it's probably nice.
Can't wait to see pictures!!

Best Natural Soap said:
I love lemongrass!! Just bought a new bottle to use in place of lemon EO.

I'm not usually a fan of patchouli, but I bet in combination, it's probably nice.
Can't wait to see pictures!!

I would post pictures if I can get step by step directions. website seems to be a little user unfriendly to me.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Click on browse, choose image, click "host it." That will take you to Image Shack where you can choose which URL of it to post. I used Forum Thumbnail. I think there's also a sticky on how to post pics. You're right; it's not the easiest. Maybe someone knows an easier way.

BTW, this photo is what's curing today, posted on Facebook.

BakingNana said:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Click on browse, choose image, click "host it." That will take you to Image Shack where you can choose which URL of it to post. I used Forum Thumbnail. I think there's also a sticky on how to post pics. You're right; it's not the easiest. Maybe someone knows an easier way.

BTW, this photo is what's curing today, posted on Facebook.

Thank you for the help posting pictures. I was able to finally post a couple of them. :)

Congrats on your first batch! Sorry about your finger...OUCH!

Let us know how that scent combo is. I never thought of combining patch and lemon grass.

Amanda

Back