Donating handmade soap to charities

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a friend that works at a women's shelter in another state, and they would truly appreciate handmade soap. Then I saw a YouTube video this morning about a group that was putting together Mother's Day packages for the kids to give to their moms, and they were truly in need and were giving away soap donated by someone local there. I just thought there might be more of us that know of groups that members could donate soap to.

My idea is that maybe we can list a charity or two that would appreciate some handmade soap. And those who choose to donate can do so, and those that choose not to can simply not. No pressure allowed.

But, please, everyone, please get permission from the people at the charity to post their name and address before posting it.

I donate to local groups…homeless shelter and food bank. I also have a friend who volunteers at a DV Shelter and she gets a box a couple of times a year.

Sadly, here in the UK you need to have your soap fully assessed before you can give it away to a charity. 🙁

Sadly, here in the UK you need to have your soap fully assessed before you can give it away to a charity. 🙁

I think in NYC you probably need some kind of lawyerly thing as well. I'm going to ask around because I got a lotta soap curing.

Latest posts

Back