doggie haircut

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Norgart

Reaction score
yikes, I am almost done with my pups new do!! got some clean up to do--and am telling myself that I am not making soap until its done. she doesn't seem to recognize herself--she is busy barking at her reflection in the glass on the fireplace :)

She must have really cleaned up well! I would have loved a pic.

This is Bailey--I am just learning the ins and outs of dog trimming/its a good thing hair grows back :) . it wasnt so bad this time but the last time i took the guide off when i let the trimmer cool and the started cutting her lower legs with out the guide on OOPS

20190224_164507.jpg

Not bad, for not being professional- I am a professional dog groomer- thinning shears by the eyes like the eye-wells will help trim down around eyes without harshly cutting out hair- just keep practicing though, and things will start evening out.

Not bad, for not being professional- I am a professional dog groomer- thinning shears by the eyes like the eye-wells will help trim down around eyes without harshly cutting out hair- just keep practicing though, and things will start evening out.

thanks--i have some thinning shears but cant seem to get them to cut (or at least not as good as scissors and i get nervous around her eyes), is there some trick to those? plus she is 8 months old and full of energy--although she did sit better this time too. its a learning process for us both. thanks for your advise, i really appreciate it

She looks great. My daughter has a aussie doodle that needs trimmed, she looks homeless at the moment.
I'm going to show her this pic, maybe she will be willing to trim more once it warms up.

This is Bailey--I am just learning the ins and outs of dog trimming/its a good thing hair grows back :) . it wasnt so bad this time but the last time i took the guide off when i let the trimmer cool and the started cutting her lower legs with out the guide on OOPS

View attachment 36923
So cute!! Is he a labradoodle? We have five labradoodles and they are wonderful dogs!!

So cute!! Is he a labradoodle? We have five labradoodles and they are wonderful dogs!!

no she is a golden doodle--I used to raise golden retrievers and they were outside dogs and they never were comfortable in the house. I only had my male left when I came into town. he was never truly happy to be inside :( . he shed a lot so when I decided to get another dog I wanted at least part golden (they are such amazing dogs) but didn't want the shed. this dog is a wonderful mix. I got her at 8 weeks and spent 7 weeks wondering what I was thinking getting a pup, but she is pretty smart. I cant imagine having 5 of her though wow--you guys must be busy :)

What a darling! I groomed dogs for a while. My advice is to invest in a new professional grooming scissors. And, thinning shears as suggested. You won't regret it. It will make grooming much easier. There were some dogs it took two of us to groom. One of us held the dog still, and the other gave the haircut.

no she is a golden doodle--I used to raise golden retrievers and they were outside dogs and they never were comfortable in the house. I only had my male left when I came into town. he was never truly happy to be inside :( . he shed a lot so when I decided to get another dog I wanted at least part golden (they are such amazing dogs) but didn't want the shed. this dog is a wonderful mix. I got her at 8 weeks and spent 7 weeks wondering what I was thinking getting a pup, but she is pretty smart. I cant imagine having 5 of her though wow--you guys must be busy :)
Correction - Goldendoodle! I should know better since we have 2. I tend to lump them all together since they all are part poodle. We actually have 8 if you include my in-laws dogs when they are here for 3 months every year. We absolutely love them! No shedding and always happy and friendly. It’s too many I know but we’ve got a big house and 3 acres for them to play and run. The big problem is the swimming pool. 3 of them love the water and are always trying to keep them from taking a quick dip!

Correction - Goldendoodle! I should know better since we have 2. I tend to lump them all together since they all are part poodle. We actually have 8 if you include my in-laws dogs when they are here for 3 months every year. We absolutely love them! No shedding and always happy and friendly. It’s too many I know but we’ve got a big house and 3 acres for them to play and run. The big problem is the swimming pool. 3 of them love the water and are always trying to keep them from taking a quick dip!

sounds like fun :) I used to have a 10 acre farm with a creek running thru it--but seeing as they were outside dogs it wasn't an issue haha. but I have an image of a dog digging and then going for a swim--do yours dig? my goldens dug a lot, my dood dug up a friends flower bed last fall!! I was always amazed that I could have bird dogs that never bothered my poultry flocks though

Back