Doggie bags

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spice

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was taking my dogs for their daily walk and had bought these new doggie bags at the dollar store. They are a bright orange color; as I was preparing to pick up after my dogs, I looked at the bag and thought, "I wonder if I can use these for soap bags?" They are a perfect size, and colorful. I was wondering what I could do to make them less doggie bag, in case I sale to someone that uses them. Can anyone tell where my mind is most of the time? :mrgreen:

Doggie bag soap bag.jpg

Speaking as someone who doesnt have a dog, those look like generic cheap bags. I dont think anyone would call you out on using them unless they had a specific scent/labeling. Maybe personalize them a bit with a branding sticker? Print out something with your name and website as advertising on the bags?

Spice, actually I think you are a genius! As a proud doggie bag roll owner myself (mine are pink, btw) I can honestly say it never occurred to me to use them for anything else. But you are right, they're the perfect size for small purchases. They're strong. They come in a variety of colors. Best of all, they're cheap! You could buy them in bulk, too. Some companies sell packages that contain 20 rolls or more. I couldn't imagine what anyone would need that many for, but if you live in the city, I can see it.

Spice, actually I think you are a genius! As a proud doggie bag roll owner myself (mine are pink, btw) I can honestly say it never occurred to me to use them for anything else. But you are right, they're the perfect size for small purchases. They're strong. They come in a variety of colors. Best of all, they're cheap! You could buy them in bulk, too. Some companies sell packages that contain 20 rolls or more. I couldn't imagine what anyone would need that many for, but if you live in the city, I can see it.
Thanks, I thought I would put my branding label and be done with it. Most people at farmers markets, bring their own bags anyway. I just thought I could cut cost this way. Besides, how many will make the connect?:silent:

Thanks, I thought I would put my branding label and be done with it. Most people at farmers markets, bring their own bags anyway. I just thought I could cut cost this way. Besides, how many will make the connect?:silent:

I'm willing to bet the only ones will be folks with dogs who might appreciate being able to reuse the bag later. :)

Speaking as someone who doesnt have a dog, those look like generic cheap bags. I dont think anyone would call you out on using them unless they had a specific scent/labeling. Maybe personalize them a bit with a branding sticker? Print out something with your name and website as advertising on the bags?

nope, no scent or labeling. Perfect.

Back