Doggie bags

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Spice

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was taking my dogs for their daily walk and had bought these new doggie bags at the dollar store. They are a bright orange color; as I was preparing to pick up after my dogs, I looked at the bag and thought, "I wonder if I can use these for soap bags?" They are a perfect size, and colorful. I was wondering what I could do to make them less doggie bag, in case I sale to someone that uses them. Can anyone tell where my mind is most of the time? :mrgreen:

Doggie bag soap bag.jpg

BattleGnome

Reaction score
Speaking as someone who doesnt have a dog, those look like generic cheap bags. I dont think anyone would call you out on using them unless they had a specific scent/labeling. Maybe personalize them a bit with a branding sticker? Print out something with your name and website as advertising on the bags?

TeresaT

I see you.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Spice, actually I think you are a genius! As a proud doggie bag roll owner myself (mine are pink, btw) I can honestly say it never occurred to me to use them for anything else. But you are right, they're the perfect size for small purchases. They're strong. They come in a variety of colors. Best of all, they're cheap! You could buy them in bulk, too. Some companies sell packages that contain 20 rolls or more. I couldn't imagine what anyone would need that many for, but if you live in the city, I can see it.

Serene

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
just some ideas

I am sure if you fold and play around with the bags you can achieve some of these looks. Depending on how fancy you want to get.

bag3.jpg

bag4.jpg

bag8.jpg

bag2.jpg

bag5.jpg

bag6.jpg

bag7.jpg

bag1.jpg

Spice

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spice, actually I think you are a genius! As a proud doggie bag roll owner myself (mine are pink, btw) I can honestly say it never occurred to me to use them for anything else. But you are right, they're the perfect size for small purchases. They're strong. They come in a variety of colors. Best of all, they're cheap! You could buy them in bulk, too. Some companies sell packages that contain 20 rolls or more. I couldn't imagine what anyone would need that many for, but if you live in the city, I can see it.
Thanks, I thought I would put my branding label and be done with it. Most people at farmers markets, bring their own bags anyway. I just thought I could cut cost this way. Besides, how many will make the connect?:silent:

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I thought I would put my branding label and be done with it. Most people at farmers markets, bring their own bags anyway. I just thought I could cut cost this way. Besides, how many will make the connect?:silent:
I'm willing to bet the only ones will be folks with dogs who might appreciate being able to reuse the bag later. :)

Spice

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking as someone who doesnt have a dog, those look like generic cheap bags. I dont think anyone would call you out on using them unless they had a specific scent/labeling. Maybe personalize them a bit with a branding sticker? Print out something with your name and website as advertising on the bags?
nope, no scent or labeling. Perfect.