dog soap bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some eo's are OK for dogs. I would research it well & ask your vet which ones.

For a while one of my cats slept in my soap making/storage room in a window. I never even thought about it untill the day I had to rush her to the vet & they put her on kitty oxygen. It was like she was having an asthma attack. To this day she wheezes daily. I believe she had problems before the exposure, she sneezed a lot as a kitten & such, but the fragrances were not good for her & most of my fragrances were fo's.

yeah my kitty is a curious little bugger... she trys getting into everything but i locked her out of the room because I KNEW shed try something scandalous!

i wonder if there is a way to make your own flea soap for cats...got to see what types of oils or ingredients they put in flea baths made for cats...will do some calling around. im really glad you told me that though because i wont get any near her then!

I miss having a puppy! I had to leave my dog up north...he escaped from the pound over a 6ft barb wire fence and he found ME (not the other way around)...i couldnt leave him so he was my dog from that day forth...the pound said he was the only dog to ever escape (which makes me laugh because he is the most docile thing ever)... best dog ive had ever ...but college came so hes at home with my mom and she takes good care of him... so as long as hes ok...

rex the wonderdog ;)

I miss him!

Tabitha said:
Some eo's are OK for dogs. I would research it well & ask your vet which ones.

For a while one of my cats slept in my soap making/storage room in a window. I never even thought about it untill the day I had to rush her to the vet & they put her on kitty oxygen. It was like she was having an asthma attack. To this day she wheezes daily. I believe she had problems before the exposure, she sneezed a lot as a kitten & such, but the fragrances were not good for her & most of my fragrances were fo's.

Awwww your poor kitters!! Bless her heart.

I just made a batch of Dog Soap that included neem seed oil as part of the base oils. Neem seed oil is good for hot spots and also repels fleas.
I also have a recipe for homemade salve using neem seed oil. This salve really works to heal and soothe.

I have no idea if neem seed oil is safe for cats. I never have dared to try to shampoo our farm cats. :shock: You can probably look that up by googling "neem seed oil +cats."

Latest posts

Back