Dog/Pet Shampoo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchad21ut

Reaction score
Hey All,
I was just wondering if any of you have come across any pooch shampoo or conditioner recipes... I had a friend ask me if I could make it, and I promised her i would try and do some research...
I have found several "dry" shampoo's, but nothing in a bar, or liquid form.
any info would be great!!

I'm new to this, but what I was reading was that anything that lathers well is great for dogs. Use some scents that help repel bugs like cedar wood, peppermint, tea tree, citronella, etc.

I just use my regular bar soap recipe, but I add an extra oz of castor PPO without changing the laye calculation.

The only eo I have felt comfortable using in dog shampoo is tea tree. There are ALOT of eo's out there that can be deadly to animals so please check into them really good before you use them. Also, the tea tree oil can be fatally toxic to cats, but it is ok for dogs in low doses.

I love using bar soaps on my dogs! Dont have to fight with the bottle and the dog and the water hose at the same time and it rinses sooooo clean!!!

hth!

Latest posts

Back