Doesn't look like fruit

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
I wanted to make some soap that looked like the fruit that it represents. As you can see, they don't really look like an orange and a strawberry. I'm going to do some carving on them to see if I can get them to look like they are supposed to.

Attachments

• 20210221_164556_wm_compress53.jpg
    20210221_164556_wm_compress53.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210220_101751_wm_compress60.jpg
    20210220_101751_wm_compress60.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210222_092542_wm_compress30.jpg
    20210222_092542_wm_compress30.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 37
I think you're being a bit hard on yourself, they are fairly representative of an orange and strawberry. 😊

That said, I'm sure they'll be pretty realistic once you're done with them!

I like what you did with the strawberry stem. If carving doesn't give you the results you are hoping for I think having your soaps be representative of the fruit is just fine. This is based on how much I suck at carving and how long it takes me. You likely have better skills, so will have a better result. But keep an eye on how much time you spend on each bar if you plan to sell them.

I agree, and should have said that I actually like the rather abstract fruit representation. I honestly don't think any carving or stamping is necessary but I also get that when we have a goal in mind, it can be hard to settle for something different than that.

The orange of an orange might take tweaking. I'm sorry if I'm appealing to your perfectionist soaper side but keep playing around with that if you're not happy with the color. I'd do it and I have done it a few times. That orange looks like Orange Vibrance (NS) so maybe mixing the tiniest bit of red might help. Even having a clementine nearby might help with color matching. As for the Strawberry, they always make strawberry pink so I'd likely leave that,e specially if the scent is like strawberry candy.

Todd, these are amazing! Just as they are! Are those curved shavings on top of the strawberry? Super cool. You always have incredibly vibrant colors.
Thanks @Zing and yes those are shavings.
I agree that they look really cute as they are. I wouldn’t mess with them!
Thanks
The orange of an orange might take tweaking. I'm sorry if I'm appealing to your perfectionist soaper side but keep playing around with that if you're not happy with the color. I'd do it and I have done it a few times. That orange looks like Orange Vibrance (NS) so maybe mixing the tiniest bit of red might help. Even having a clementine nearby might help with color matching. As for the Strawberry, they always make strawberry pink so I'd likely leave that,e specially if the scent is like strawberry candy.
I did add a little red but not enough. I have the orange vibrance but I used orange saffron with some neon orange and a little red.

I wanted to make some soap that looked like the fruit that it represents. As you can see, they don't really look like an orange and a strawberry. I'm going to do some carving on them to see if I can get them to look like they are supposed to.
Beautiful soaps' agree w/ AliOop your soaps are so smooth & they look fruity enough. 🧼👍🏼💫

Latest posts

Back